Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Game are you playing now?

Options
  • 05-02-2004 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Still Playing bf1942 Road to Rome, love that add on , Far Cry Demo, classy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Alien vs Predator 2 (PC). Got it for 12 yoyos in Smyths. Not bad, not terribly brilliant. Just finished the Human bit and am now jumping from tree to tree as Predator. I watched the movie prior to starting it and the different visual effects/sounds are spot on.

Rented Sniper Scope 3(PS2) and while it's fun it needs a gun to really emulate that arcade feeling.

Also on play here at the Batloft are Jak II (PS2) which looks like a decent platformer juiced up with different flying modes, and other such wonders.

We got two copies of MechAssault for our X-boxen. Have yet to play it multiplayer as we're too busy running around, stomping humans and shouting "ME GRIMLOCK" in singleplayer mode.

Lastly I'm playing a lot of Erix on my new mobile, a buggy java version of some old game which probably sounds like Erix but never made it to the Pacman/Space Invaders big time. Shame really, it's very addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Broken sword: the sleeping dragon, i really like it

Spellforce: order of the dawn, this game is quite quite brilliant, hard to explain, but it just plain old rocks

unreal 2 xmp, I'll never get bored of seeing those raptors falling from above the clouds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Pro Evo 3(PC) - sheer class.
    Prince Of Persia: Sand Of Time(PC)
    LOTR: Return Of The King(PC)
    Lock On (PC)
    COD(PC)
    NFS Underground (PC)
    Super Mario World (N64 Emu)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

need for speed underground for pc

pro evo 3 for pc

thats it. :)

Oh and i intend to play some chamo 0304 soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I too am playing Broken Sword 3 (PC), but I don't think it's particularly good. The puzzles are either simplistic, or else just involve interacting with anything until you get a meaningful result. Graphics are only "okay", and some of the so called jokes are really quite groansome.

I also managed to ressurect Morrowind (PC), and decided to start again with another new character, and try to use the official (and unofficial) plugins. I just wonder if it'll eat up another 3 months of my life. I'm also considering whether to get the bloodmoon and tribunal expansions or not for the same reason.

Also I'm playing the usual suspects - Call of Duty, Quake III, Counter Strike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Beyond Good and Evil (Cube, Import)
    Metroid Zero Mission (GBA)
    Fire Emblem (GBA)

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Arc: Twilight of the Spirit (PS2)
    Rainbow 6 (Xbox Live)
    Crimsom Skies (Xbox Live)
    F-Zero X (GC)
    FFIX (PSOne)
    Toejam and Earl III (Xbox)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Super Smash Bros Melee (GC) (hangs head in shame and admits to playing this AGAIN....:ninja: )
    Zelda Collector's Edition(GC)
    Metroid Prime (GC)
    Zelda: ALttP (GBA)
    Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Disgaea(PS2)
    Beyond Good and Evil(PS2)
    Prince of Persia: Sand of Time(PS2)
    Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits(PS2)
    EVE Online(PC) going to tap this one on the head, its taking up way too much of my time.
    Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis(GBA)

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

De mot got me need for speed for the B'day
    And I'm playing Vice City for the first time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

picked up shadow warrior there a couple of weeks ago for a fiver, class game, so tounge in cheek, kinda like duke nukem crossed with ninjas:ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

I'm currently sans Cube as I didn't have enough room for it at my new place (I konw it's tiny!!), so...
      Advance Wars (GBA): gone back to this after spending months on Golden Sun. By jingo it's hard! :)

Morrowind III: The Elder Scrolls (PC):
      Just getting into this, only played three times though. Not too happy with the combat so far, but the apparent range of abilities, skillz etc is maaaasive.

Call of Duty Single Player Demo (PC): Very enjoyable, playing this more than Morrowind!

Commandos: Beyond The Call of Duty (PC):
      Hard as old boots. Friggin impossible :(

Thief II (PC):
      Not too shabby at all. Quite enjoyable.

Still have to install Deus Ex (the first one) :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Len_007
      De mot got me need for speed for the B'day
      And I'm playing Vice City for the first time

Ah Vice City, truly a wondeful game. If you've got it for the PC I recommend getting Vice City Manager (free download) which allows you to replace vehicles without all that tedious name changing and hex editing. Racing around in a Ferrari Enzo is pretty lethal.

You can also replace the Sanchez trail bike with a Yamaha which not only looks much better but is faster and more fun.

hmmm... add Vice City to my list of currently playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Mafia (PC) : still undecided about this tbh

Chrome (PC) : coulda been class multiplayer. quite enjoyable to be honest, little dodgy in places tho

Mario Kark: DD!! (GC) : sheer brilliance imo

Gonna play some rainbow 6 when i get xbox live set up hopefully on saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

metroid prime - slowly worming my way through it on hard mode... i'm just about to face thardus:( (the hardest boss battle in the game, imo)
      there seems to be something wrong with my copy of the game, i can only get 99% scans & items
      zelda - wind waker just got it this afternoon, seems fairly mint after half an hours play, shame that i'm currently repainting my bedroom.
      i'm debating whether this game is worth breathing in noxious paint fumes to play....
      bloodrayne - pc - i need a new graphics card:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Resident Evil (GC)
      Resident Evil 0 (GC)
      Super Mario World 3 (GBA)
      Wario Ware (GBA)
      Final Fantasy Tactics (GBA)

PS2 taking a back seat at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Poz3D

Natural Selection (PC) (Free mod for Half-Life)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Neverball
      screen-1.jpg

Available in *nix and Windows, get it from here : http://icculus.org/neverball/

Very Addictive :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Battlefield SWoWW2 abd DC
      NFS:U
      Mechwarrior series (going to finally play through 3 again in full-graphics, high-res mode and actually finish that last mission).
      Was playing Starcraft (including Broodwar and a few extra missions) for a while back there, but can't give it the time anymore till after exams/project deadline.
      I fire up Frontier, cannon fodder and Flashback every now and then in UAE.
      In my spare time I code C for the 8052

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Desert Combat
      before that was Starcraft: Brood Wars but that was ages ago

Haven't got time lately to play alot of games :(
      (besides GalwayLAN8 and other LAN parties I've attended..)

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

PC - Mafia - I like this a lot, smirk ye who may
      PC - Vice City - playing for first time, what can one say ?
      GBA - Mario Kart Super Circuit - very one more go-ish
      N64 - Super Mario 64

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,389 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

PC:
      At last some games to try mynew cpu and radeon on!
      COD
      Beyond Good and Evil
      Prince of Persia SOT
      Max Payne 2
      KOTOR

PS1/2:
      Chrono Trigger
      FFX-2
      Contra Shattered Soldier
      Silhouette Mirage
      Note to self to get the new Castlevania as soon as possible

Gamecube:
      F-Zero GX

Xbox:
      Panzer Dragoon Orta (at last a third game worth playing that is/was xbox exclusive)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Battlefield 1942 Desert combat
      Max payne 2 (stuck on the last level AARRGGHH)
      GTA Vice City
      Jedi knight 2 Jedi Outcast
      Freelancer
      Blood Rayne
      COD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by AL][EN
      Max payne 2 (stuck on the last level AARRGGHH)
      the bit where you have to shoot the pins out?
      tis very easy if you just run around the gaff with a handgun shooting at them

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Originally posted by tman
      zelda - wind waker just got it this afternoon, seems fairly mint after half an hours play, shame that i'm currently repainting my bedroom.
      i'm debating whether this game is worth breathing in noxious paint fumes to play....
      I'd breathe noxious paint fumes to play this and i've already completed it twice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Originally posted by tman
      the bit where you have to shoot the pins out?
      tis very easy if you just run around the gaff with a handgun shooting at them

im not even that far! its at the start of the level right there's about 4 guys in total you run around the corner kill them then all these explosive barrels explode killing you and there's no place to hide (accept this big metal box that falls from the ceiling however if i go in there i end up dying anyway :confused::( :dunno: :mad:

i know there's a way around it i'll find it this is the longest part of any game that ive had to think about in a long long time.

PS if anyone else is gonna reply to this with the answer on how to do it PLEASE use spoiler tags as i dont want to know how to do it until im driven insane with frustration and start shooting squriels out of the trees in my local park THEN i'll look at the spoiler tags

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

currently playing Counter-Strike and SW KOTOR - OMG :eek: what a game that is

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Battlefield 1942 ... and:
      Secret Weapons of WW2
      Desert Combat
      Eve Of Destruction

Also playing...
      Call Of Duty
      C&C Generals
      Cubis [fantasticly addictive]

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Soul Caliber 2 on the xBox

can't finish the all of wepon master mode, stuck on the second part of the map :(

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Originally posted by bazH
      Neverball
      screen-1.jpg

Available in *nix and Windows, get it from here : http://icculus.org/neverball/

Very Addictive :p

its Kula World!!!

Advertisement