Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joystick or Keys? In DC

Options
  • 05-02-2004 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Weh nflying the Helicopters, which do you prefeR?
    Personally i like the joystick option but when i first started playing BF and DC i used keys , much harder at first but now i just cant go back to the joystick!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Can you hover with the keys? Can you 'strafe'? How about landing?

I use a joystick, it's gives me good control, and even though I can't really pull off the moves properly, (I'm just not that good), I can feel the potential for them :)

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

always used keys and found very hard to switch to joystick.
    i can do most things, land strafe etc.... but hovering i have yet to master.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

KB and mouse... Don't bother with joysticks and suchlike total waste of time, just keep practicing with the KB and mouse and you'll soon master it. Greater accuracy when firing and tighter turning circles, the only downfall being the throwing your mouse up and down the desk when trying to counter a nasty spin but 99% of the time I can manage to pull out of even the most vicious downward spirals.

And for the record land on any roof, strafe and hover almost completely still... Also if I'm feeling particularly lazy or it's raining I use my Littlebird to hang out the washing, a little tip for all the housewifes reading this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Logitech Digital Extreme 3D
    About 4 years old, and still in perfect nic :)

Must put some blue LEDs around the translucent ring on the base....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Keys and mouse. No competition. Hovering just takes some practice, you have more precise movement with the keyboard and mouse than you do with a joystick.. its also more responsive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

But it doesn't feel as good

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

Bleh, being ontop of the scoreboard does tho... I suppose it depends on what you go for...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Joystick/keyboard/mouse/gerbil and im still rubbish :) I prefer my jeeps and driving them into oncoming tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I use the keys but i'm still in a learning stage as far as flying them goes. i can't really turn that well with them but i think thats cuz the sense is up to high so i'll turn it down a bit and see what happens. When flying heli's what function do ye have the mouse bound to?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

You bind the mouse to your vertical and horizontal axis, so youll be using it like a joystick. You also obviously keep the binds for firing on some of the mouse buttons. Best bet is to start a local server on your pc on a map with a few types of chopper and just practice for an hour or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I use slightly odd controls for flying in BF (for vehicles and infantry, keyboard and mouse wins by a LONG way).

accelerate: mouse2
    Fire primary: mouse1
    Fire seconday: Space bar
    Look up/down: w and S
    Tail left/right: A and D
    pan left/right: mouse axis horizontal

Took a few times to get it all fitting, but it serves me well. (ps: when i said slightly wierd i only meant slightly, if you want truely wierd, you should see my old TFC controls)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

keys keys keys keys keys keys

arrow keys and the keypad beside it
    win

Advertisement