Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Request] Cheapest zip discs

• 05-02-2004 5:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking foa a small number (as in two or three at most) 250meg zip discs. Maybe one or two 100meg discs as well. Probably not worth getting them delivered with such a small order.

Looking for the cheapest price obviously!

Komplett have them for a shade under 15 which seems a little high to be honest. I suppose I could get a hard drive as well (need one really) to knock away the postage but price still seems a little on the high side.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Clutter, thats all.

PM me details and I will post them to you tomorrow.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Why would you bother with a 100mb zip disk with all the other better value for money storage options that are out there. Its not like Zips drives are known for being a very robust medium either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Muck, you're a gent - a saint and a scholar as they say.

Sending you a PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=777_6_602

Cheaper than Komplett, I know of people who've used them, seen a few people here mention them too, reliable and cheap. Check out there other stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    Why would you bother with a 100mb zip disk with all the other better value for money storage options that are out there. Its not like Zips drives are known for being a very robust medium either.

Almost all students know the joys of zip disks compaired to Floppies.

Zip disks own!, komplett have 100MB`s for 7euroish

• Advertisement

Originally posted by bazH
    Almost all students know the joys of zip disks compaired to Floppies.

Zip disks own!, komplett have 100MB`s for 7euroish

Most designers know the pain of zip drives especially the click of death. Buy a 256 flash drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Most designers know the pain of zip drives especially the click of death. Buy a 256 flash drive.
    yes, but 7 euro > more expensive flash drive as a student. Also if anyone could give me a few zip disks if they have them lying around I'd appreciate it.

Originally posted by Jorinn
    yes, but 7 euro > more expensive flash drive as a student. Also if anyone could give me a few zip disks if they have them lying around I'd appreciate it.

Fair point. But I wouldn't trust them for any really important data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Fair point. But I wouldn't trust them for any really important data.
    Same to you, this is why backup is important :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Originally posted by Jorinn

I have about 10 of them somewhere but I can't give them away for nothing, care to make an offer?

• Advertisement
Advertisement