Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alloy Wheel cleaning - diy

Options
  • 05-02-2004 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how to clean alloys - i mean completely strip the finish and re-finish. Can products be bought for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Take the wheels off, get some alloy cleaner acid with brush, paint a small area with the acid, then rub off with an old T-Shirt. Taking the wheels off is a bit of a hassel so I do it once in every 2 months or so. Usually clean them twice a week by simply scrubing them down with a tshirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

My alloys are a disgrace I wonder what could be done for them...will post a picture of them when I can.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

do u know anywhere i dublin that sells alloy cleaner acid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

wheel_2.jpg

I supect they are beyond help...this is pretty typical of all of them.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mythago

Any motor factors should sell alloy wheel cleaner. I use Wonder Wheels on my Beemers alloys & its feckin excellent!! And erm Mike...... think them wheels are beyond help!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement