Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

User45701

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Originally posted by k.oriordan
    What's all this fuss about a few spelling mistakes here and there? What if a user wants to post here but is mildly dyslexic? Are they to be banned?

In short, yes. I personally would find all the flaming resultant of this Highly amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Crash, you're not some know-all pyschologist who studies lower beings reactions to little tests you like to set up.

.........I am.

Only on weekends giblet, only on weekends. I bags the weekdays.

Though people dont seem to appreciate being put in a maze to find their way to the cheese....odd that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Atreides

I'd rather read something be User45701 then something biter and twisted by Amp. I agree with yellum. Also Mercury_Tilt got allot of similiar abuse when he first joined, and look at him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

don't think i've flamed him but his posts on the CS forum are very annoying, he just repeats what other people have said or posts just for the sake of posting and to top it off with annoyingly bad grammar, i know sometimes that can't be helped but in excess its sooooo annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Funky
    CS forum... annoyingly bad grammar... sooooo annoying.
    wow, whatever next!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Originally posted by tman
    wow, whatever next!!!

What a constructive post, you should probably get back to fawning over the limited supply of boards women, moaning about cliques and patting each other on the back knowingly that you're the REAL social elite.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I'd feel pressured to report nearly every post on the cs board if i read it anymore (and was new to boards).

The cs board is the leaky bowel of boards.ie, the muscles NEED to be relaxed, User45701 will learn all these things in time, cut 'im some slack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

Originally posted by amp
    He now seems to be going through a Victor type phase correcting all the errors on boards. Whatever did we do before he arrived?

Also I agree with crash_000. Sometimes you should ask yourself: do I really need to post that. About 1 in 3 of posts I make actually get posted.

That's rich coming from you amp

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I spam stuff!! ^_^

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

I (still) want a SPAM board! And a reason why my last thread suggesting it was binned. :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Would a spam forum be used?
    BTW koneko what is wrong with my user name?

Reminder
    Originally posted by crash_000
    I saw a post of yours on the film board, which simply said "i disagree with all your opinions" and that was all.

I say again i did not post that. Was it User45702?
    I looked for the topic but could not find it. Can you give me a link please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

theres already a spam board

Charter
    This board is for spam only. Anyone caught posting non-spam will be banned. I AM THE IRON-FISTED RULER OF THE RECYCLE BIN AND WILL CRUSH ALL WHO OPPOSE ME

Have a nice day

Em, user45701, ....that was the same post.

/me has had his point illustrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Now youve lost me. What do u mean "that was the same post"? same post as what?

Em, user45701, ....that was the same post.

/me has had his point illustrated.

Don't follow that point either, user asks question, user ignored by you, user asks question again, user accused of posting hte same thing twice by you. Nice logic.

Ah i missed the little piece that said reminder. Em yeah i read that and accepted that and felt no reply was needed.

Originally posted by User45701
    IMPORTANT!

That was not me!
    I must have a link to that post. There are 2 explenations

1.It could be User45702
    2.Someone might have acess to my account

You read that post asking you for a link, and didn't feel that a reply was needed?

Come on neil

actually all i saw was "there are two explanations". missed the italics.

So you miss read something twice and have yet to apologise to him, or post the relevant link to the thread in which you accuse him of being a spammy Muppet. Poor class. I think this illustrates DeVore's point,

• Advertisement

I didnt apologise i merely accepted i was wrong. Simple enough tbh.
    personally i dont have a problem with user45701 in general.

and atm i am searching for that damn link but its eluding me and doing my head in.
    So skanger how bout simply not deciding that you're in auto-defensive mode and cooling it for a bit?

Just saying if your going to make accusations about someone, might be nice if your get your facts straight, certainly hope you don't make unfounded allegations in the real world. Wouldn't be very nice if I said "hey Coyote your a Muppet and I've proof" only to turn around and say, well I can't find the proof and I was talking about one of the other 12 people on boards who thought Coyote would be a good nick."

The fact is not weather or not he said the things you claim he did (which are out of context anyway) but the fact you claimed he said them without being 100% sure he did. Then someone else comes along and says, hey well if crash thinks he's a Muppet he must be a Muppet, lets go bully him, and before you know it a nice guy is getting allot of hassle based on some dodgy evidence and half truths.

Btw I didn't say you had to apologise, I'm not management around here, just said it showed poor class that you didn't/

Originally posted by Skanger
    Then someone else comes along and says, hey well if crash thinks he's a Muppet he must be a Muppet, lets go bully him

If that starts EVER happening, there are much bigger problems than people giving out over some guys post count......

If that starts EVER happening, there are much bigger problems than people giving out over some guys post count......

It already does, except your not in that clique of people, just using you as an example. I've seen it happen, if certain members of boards don't like you, then there is a whole load of sheep willing to follow that lead and put the boot in, that's what this thread is about afaik. User45701 seems prefectly nice, unabusive, and he contributes, why people have a problem with him is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Someone brought up the idea before about post counts being hidden and that might not be a bad idea. I argued against it before but my view has changed since.

Maybe its time post counts were hidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Emboss
    That's rich coming from you amp

In what way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Also I agree with crash_000. Sometimes you should ask yourself: do I really need to post that. About 1 in 3 of posts I make actually get posted.

Well I laughed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Originally posted by yellum
    Maybe its time post counts were hidden.

I won't count for much, but agreed.

For the record btw Skanger i never said there was anything wrong with the guy, i simply gave him the piece of advice that sometimes its better to let something sit for a while before replying. I never once called him a muppet i just used the wrong point to illustrate my point which caused this big long spiel. (still cant find that damn post, even just searching for keywords).

secondly re: post counts if they were to be removed i would leave em in profiles, and leave the stars. or maybe even just remove the posts per day instead.
    (i simply find it funny/scary to look at my post count and go "whoa....so many wasted days...")

• Advertisement

You'd probably need to take out the date registered as well neil

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement