Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question for the mountain folk

• 05-02-2004 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

If for some bizzare reason you had to spend the rest of your life living on/near a certain mountain, which one would it be. You would never be able to leave the mountain ( assume food, shelter, sexual appitite is all taken care of!). ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Weird question my friend but the answer for me would probably be our own 'Lug na Coille'*. Has the beauty of Glendalough Valley but without the millions of tourists every year (very remote)!! A nice big house on the Glenmalure side.. What about yourself?

* Highest mountain in Wicklow, South of Glendalough Valley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 davalanche

it would have to be brandon its got it all some scary climbing routes nice walking ya can skyline ridges and the view is unbelievable surronded by the atlantic on three sides with more mountains behind it, i once heard it described as "Its a stunning walk, sitting out on its own peinnsula, surrounded by the vast Atlantic on three sides. It just sits there like some sort of gigantic citadel, forever standing a lonely sentinel, watching the seas. And when you see it from a distance, wreathed in fog, cloud or mist, it just stirs some sort of emotion..i've always thought it seemed like Arthur's Avalon or something...it's awesome! " do i need to say anymore!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭jerenaugrim

Mullachanattin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭K2

Mweelrea (Mayo)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭jerenaugrim

Originally posted by K2
    Mweelrea (Mayo)

...is a bastard of a mountain. Haven't got to the top yet.:mad:

• Advertisement

i must admit ive never heard of it
    whats it like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭K2

BIG :D

the sea to the west, killary harbour to the south (with the bens and mamturks beyond) and the sheefries to the east. views of croagh patrick, clew bay and, on a good day, the nephins to the north. Its a lot of walking for one mountain but worth it.

cool ill have to check it out

Advertisement