Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing folders

Options
  • 05-02-2004 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

Most likely a simple solution I've overlooked but I can't get my laptop to see shared folders with my desktop pc via a crossover cable. Laptop is running XP Home and Desktop XP professional.

I also followed the setup home network option and that got the internet running through the desktop dial connection, but I can't see any of the shared folders I've set. What is my problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

as was said to me yday...check that the XP firewall is disabled on both machines for the lan connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Originally posted by CivilServant
    Most likely a simple solution I've overlooked but I can't get my laptop to see shared folders with my desktop pc via a crossover cable. Laptop is running XP Home and Desktop XP professional.

I also followed the setup home network option and that got the internet running through the desktop dial connection, but I can't see any of the shared folders I've set. What is my problem?

How are you trying to see them?

Tried going to the IP of the machine? as in if it's 192.168.0.2 then go to start > run > \\192.168.0.2

Advertisement