Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Sixties. Were you there ?...

• 05-02-2004 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

The Sixties. Were you there ?...

I was in my twenties, sharing a flat in West London with two other lads, and the world really was my oyster. We were the only males in an all female house. What an education.

Anyway I look back and find it hard to believe just how promising life felt. Anything seemed possible. You could practically be what you wanted, do what you wanted or go wherever you felt like.

No job shortages. Great pay and you could walk out of one job and in to another in the same day.

If you have memories of living through the revolution. I would love to read about your exploits/experiences, be they good or bad.

Lets have it !, warts and all ?... :)

P. :ninja:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I want to hear more about you and your exploits with the female (or male!) residents of this house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

I want to hear more about you and your exploits with the female (or male!) residents of this house!

I knew someone was going to say that. I just thought Typie would beat you to it. NBM. :D

In the 60's....My dad was born in 1958. I was born in 80 I wasn't around.:rolleyes:

~DR~

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Hmmm,

Patience NBM. I am wondering am I the only 'sixties ' survivor left on Boards.ie , I mean one that can still remember some of really being there ?..

DriftingRain,

I was born in 46, which made me exactly the right age, in exactly the - right place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Originally posted by Paddy20
    Hmmm,

am I the only 'sixties ' survivor left on Boards.ie ,

were there others?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

They say if you can remember the 60's- you weren't there .

Now you were telling us all about this house...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

20 years too young for the 60's as i was born in 1980

but..........

you mentioned an all female house, give with the education

OK, more on The House of disrepute!

First instalment [1]

Myself and two male friends decided it would be cheaper if we shared one decent flat rather than the 3 bedsits we were existing in.

The flat we found was a real gem. A young males real fantasyland as we were to find out. It was on the ground floor of a completely refurbished four story house, and as it was on the ground floor we were the only people in the house with access to the garden. Naturally, all the 17/18 old gorgeous females were hammering on our door asking if they could sunbathe in our garden. Well, before we had time to turn around we had a private garden full of bikini clad sun worshipping scrumptious and frisky young women.

As for the three of us. We kept bumping into each other as we wandered around gazing with disbelief at the bevy of beauties spread out in all their splendour just outside our patio doors.

Little did we know about what was too follow!... watch this space
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Come on, don't leave me hanging (ohohoho)!

NBM,

Looks to me as though people are not really interested in the 'Sixties' or my 'House of Disrepute'. So, I think I will let sleeping dogs lie, for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Paddy20 you tease

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

The saying goes: "If you can remember the sixties, you weren't there".

I can't remember the sixties. So was I there or not? ;)

Lemming,

As I and a lot of my 'old' friends were there, and can remember most things. I must conclude that you were probably not even born then.

As for that saying " If you can remember the sixties, you weren't there ". Thats a load of unsmokable s*** ;) Probably stated by some pothead.

P.:ninja:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

about 25 years before my time..... but sounded fun!

Advertisement