Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most money spent in a season?

Options
  • 05-02-2004 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Tehomgs.JPG

I then proceeded to oh-so-satisfyingly snap up Cesar off them for 8 million after they went into administration. Purely on the principle of the thing, not to play him you understand. What's the most you lot have seen then?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

Not a big spender , so i reckon about 13million . My record signing is €5.5M
    03/04 Season Robinho 5.5m , Kerzakhov 5.5m , Mendes Da Silva 2m ,
    I try to bring youngsters up through the ranks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by watman
    Kerzakhov 5.5m
    I think I got him for Monaco for about 1.3million, he's an absolute beast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Nike_Dude

cant remember the exact amount but it was well over £120 million. I was chelsea and romans money was burning a hole in pocket so i splashed out roughly £70 million on Vassell and £60 million on Tristan and I bought a few others as well. It paid off because now the champions league and premiership tropheys are sitting proudly at Stanford Bridge:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

The most I spent in one season was with Birmingham. I spent £20M on one player - Diego, he was well worth it, he never got below an eight in the last half of the season and he helped me win the CL and the PL.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

£104m

On:

Frey - £4m
    Casillias - £8.5m
    Le Tallec - £13m
    van der Vaart - £29.5m
    Terry - £24.5m
    Ashley Cole - £24.5m

i splashed out roughly £70 million on Vassell

£70mil for Darius Vassell! Are you nuts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

lol why spend so much on those players wen u can get this beast for 75k ;)
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~dslreid/freyr.JPG
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

that guy doesnt seem to be in my game :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Nike_Dude

£70mil for Darius Vassell! Are you nuts?
    for some reason he was class in that particular file. scored something like 120 goals in 100 for villa over two seasons. He has a good record for me aswell 38 goals in 47 games. Still I dont think any player is really worth that kind of money

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

Originally posted by DRakE
    that guy doesnt seem to be in my game :(
    if u talkin bout the guy i said make sure u hav database size on large then u should find him

bah large database..

i'll just stick with diouf and bojinov...and mido.. and pereplyotkin.

they rule.

and only had to buy mido! got the rest on frees!

• Advertisement

oh, and how about this for a cheapo season :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There are some pretty impressive amounts opf money being splashed around, but obviously you guys have a more understanding board that I do. Playing as Siena in Serie B I was expected to finish somewhere around mid-table, but somehow managed to make it into Seria A. I had a reasonable transfer budget for the season so I naturally expected it to be increased to be able to compete with the big boys. Instead I got a message to say that due to my extravagent spending the previous season my budget would be €5.25m - half a million LESS than last season! The most annoying thing was that I sepnt €3.2m but had player sales of €3.3m. They also knocked €20k a week off my wage bill which meant that I found it nearly impossible to attract new players.

To cap it all the stadium holds just under 11,000 and the local council won't grant planning permission to extend it. Despite all that I somehow managed to stay up and I'm waiting to see what sort of budget I'll get for next year, but sometimes you have to wonder why you bother, the game seems to be determined to set you up for an early sacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by zaph
    sometimes you have to wonder why you bother, the game seems to be determined to set you up for an early sacking.
    Thats the challenge of bringing up a Serie B team who were expected to get mid-table in Serie B.
    If you get them into Serie A then you have to expect zero money and a struggle to survive, tis all the fun of CM.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Being a Cavan man, my mission is to get players on free transfers. :D

Advertisement