Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Login System for webpage

Options
  • 05-02-2004 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Just a question for anyone in the know.

I've set up a website for Irish going to Oz. What i really want to do its set up a login system that allows everyone to see who's on the site and be able to communicate with each other. A bit like boards.ie i guess

Is this possible without spending a whole lot of money. Can it be done with java or some other scripts?

Excuse my lack of knowledge of Html.

Thanx

Al

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Forums is it?

www.phpbb.com - Free as the air you breath!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

If we're talking about a noticeboard application, you could use something like phpBB, which is free.

Having said that, I'd hazard a guess that you're not in any way technical, so you're probably as well off using a host that has a noticeboard application all ready and set up for you or a free service such as iPBfree.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Why not use a simple free forum like www.phpbb.com, which most hosts supply for free. It will give you the functionality you require.

Advertisement