Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Team Schedule

Options
  • 06-02-2004 10:40am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok - Did some work on the schedule of rthe upcoming Business league - everyone is guarenteed to play 4 weeks out of the six. I will contact everyone each Monday to check availability.

Week 1 9/2 - Lafortezza, Musician, MrPudding, Gerire & Hyzepher
    Week 2 16/2 - Hyzepher, MrPudding, Gerire, Lafortezza, DapperGent
    Week 3 23/2 - DeVore, Musician, Gerire, Lafortezza, DapperGent
    Week 4 1/3 - Musician, MrPudding, Hyzepher, DeVore, DapperGent
    Week 5 8/3 - DeVore, Hyzepher, Musician, Gerire, Lafortezza
    Week 6 15/3 - DeVore, MrPudding, Hyzepher, Gerire, DapperGent

If there are any dates that dont suit let me know and I'll switch them around a bit.

I was tlaking to the organiser last night and got the lowdown on the structure. Each night there will be 7 individual games going on - each with 10 or 11 players. The played as a freeze out (the chips you start with is all you get) - as players get knocked out the points awarded go up - i.e. first out gets 1 point, next gets 2 points etc. Each team will be split up so that no two team members are on the same table.

Points are then added up for each team and a running total is kept for the 6 weeks. Unfortunately there are no individual prizes on the night.

Please be there at 6:15 as it starts pretty sharpish - also bring €15 on your first night

Hyzepher

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've just been told I have to go to Scotland on Monday and wont be back until 10pm earliest. FnCK FnCK FnCK... I was really looking forward to us bashing the noobs :)
    Can you swap me out with someone else for this coming Monday??

DeV.

[EDIT] I'll head in for a while anyway to see how we are doing but it will most likely be 10:30 or 11 before I'm there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I could swap you Week 4 if thats workable?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

If thats ok with Dev I'll change it

Hyzepher

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sounds good to me.... after last night I need another night to tune my game anyway...still kicking myself. :)

DeV.

Originally posted by DeVore

[EDIT] I'll head in for a while anyway to see how we are doing but it will most likely be 10:30 or 11 before I'm there.

Dev - It only runs from 6:15 - 8:00

Hyzepher

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Hyzepher
    Dev - It only runs from 6:15 - 8:00

Hyzepher

well... bollox.

DeV.

well... bollox. DeV.
    Do you want to change back? I'm not tres bothered about playing week 1 or 4.

nah nah sorry, I was just thinking I'd be back to see the end of the games!

I cant do week 1 so I'm happy to swap for week 4.

DeV.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Oh and Dev forum wide mania endorsement of the team if we do well. It never happened if we do nothing.

Maybe we should strike fear into the oposition by all arriving in those nice boards.ie T-shirts - ;)

Hyzepher

• Advertisement

Aye Muso, just what I was thinking!

Hyzepher, thats not such a bad idea, I wont be here until Tuesday but I'm sure we could knock up a team t-shirt and I'll get a few done up!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Tough act to follow.

Anyone meeting up before the Fitz tonight for a pint? Dev, do you need a stiff scotch and ginger to calm your nerves?
    Got a text from DapperGent he's going, but won't be near a pc today.

I'm up for a swift half beforehand alright. I keep thinking of getting KK and going all in on them to find someone with AA sitting over me. Last night I dreamt of flopping AAKK with a king in hand to be beaten by someone with an ace (though when I woke up I realised I'd never go all in on that hand so maybe I'm processing hands in my sleep to get more experience! :):) )

What time and where are we going to meet up?

DeV.

Last night I dreamt of flopping AAKK with a king in hand to be beaten by someone with an ace
    I had a dream that I had 72o in my hand and bluffed someone off their poker of Aces when the boards threw up AKQJspades plus another A
    What time and where are we going to meet up?
    DeV.
    I can be in the Henry Grattan at about 5.45, bus league doesn't start til about 6.30?

Sounds good, see you there.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I'm up for a swift half beforehand alright. I keep thinking of getting KK and going all in on them to find someone with AA sitting over me. Last night I dreamt of flopping AAKK with a king in hand to be beaten by someone with an ace
    Early on last night I had Q10o and the flop came up Q1010 giving me the house. I checked off the flop wanting to see what was out there going for the traditional check raise with the monster, but my raise was sent back to me with interest by a big stack. Calling him would essentially have put me all in with me dead to pocket queens.

He didn't represent dick preflop so I decided he couldn't have QQ in the pocket but it was still a nervy moment going all in with nearly everyone left on the table. As it turned out he had 10-rag so and I more than doubled up but I really wouldn't have gone all in that early without the nuts unless I was forced to. It's just too risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Hey guys

Could anyone swap week 5 with me for week 4? Week 4 is looking a bit iffy for me, it's the first day of my new job.

MrP

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Whoops my mistake - I'm playing week 5 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Ill do that for you Mr P I dont mind taking a week off one week later.

Let me know if this is still what you need

ger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Cheers gerire.

That's great. Thanks very much.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Humm well that wasnt the best night of poker ever. We got one 2nd and 2 7ths, a 6th and a 5th, should be around 30-35 pts

Not a good night overall, but a dont see any team close to us making huge dents into our lead. Id say the 28 pt lead may be brought back to 20 or so. Which means extra tight play over next few weeks...............

Advertisement