Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD WOW Drop Surcharge

Options
  • 06-02-2004 1:02pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Got this this morning

Dear Member,

Dear Member,

WOW! We've been able to remove the additional charges for deliveries to the Ireland and UK on CDs.

We've been working our little cotton socks off to source our Chart Albums within the EU at the lowest possible price and cutting our margins even more.

In simple terms, from today the additional charges are no longer applicable. Chart CDs remain at EUR 13.95* including deliveries to the Ireland - yippeee!

There have been a few cutbacks in the office, I'm working out of the YMCA and using an etch-a-sketch as my PC was sold.

But fear not - you get our great CD price - and I'm loving the YMCA tomato soup!

Thank you for your overwhelming support!

Warmest Regards,
    CD WOW!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

yeh got the e-mail. ****1n legends.

i don't buy many cd's any more but if i did .. only way to go.

FIGHT THE MACHINE!

GO CDWOW

sorry only read about the move after

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

i don't buy many cd's any more but if i did .. only way to go.

take it you've got broadband so :)

does anyone think this is a little convenient. the prices are set to go up. CDwow send out a mail to say you've got til sunday to buy before the price increase. then it get's extended and then it turns out the prices aren't going up at all.

basically they make a few quid over the weekend, get loads of publicity and then its all back to normal.....

• Site Banned Posts: 197 ✭✭Wolfie

Hmm.. while I must agree that CD-Wow are offering consumers a cheaper deal than the likes of HMV, they arent exactly the charity organisation they make themselves out to be...

The reason why CD-Wow was always cheaper was because it was based in Hong Kong, and the good were cheaper. They were still happily making a profit. Then an Irish crew took an interest, and I remember prices going up bigtime when this happened.. now theres not as much in it anymore.

Irish companies and individuals are out to make as much money as they can from the average joe, and generally dont care about customer service or quality. This is demonstrated in CD-Wow when IOL (I think) took an interest and prices shot up.. legends are they? Remember how much of a markup a CD/DVD gets when compared to production costs, and remember how much CD-Wow are getting as a low overhead internet seller.

Bah!

• Advertisement

Bah nothing, of course they're in it to make a profit, but none the less, at least you're not forced to pay €20+ for a cd. I don't care how much of a profit they are making the fact remains, in this rip off country anybody that offers the Irish people to get ripped off a little less than usual is alrite in my books.

Now all we need to do is bring in a web site that sells realestate at low low prices.

www.realestatewow.ie.... what do ya think, patent pending

• Site Banned Posts: 197 ✭✭Wolfie

Originally posted by Dr. Dodger
    Bah nothing, of course they're in it to make a profit, but none the less, at least you're not forced to pay €20+ for a cd. I don't care how much of a profit they are making the fact remains, in this rip off country anybody that offers the Irish people to get ripped off a little less than usual is alrite in my books.

Now all we need to do is bring in a web site that sells realestate at low low prices.

www.realestatewow.ie.... what do ya think, patent pending

They're all the same.. And are you implying that real-estate brokers/resellers are the ones responsible for the huge cost of property? They just get their cut of it at the end of the day, its us gob****es who pay the money for a small corner of bricks n' mortar in a toilet country where it rains all the time! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

What is the status of these surcharges?

Do they remain for older (non chart) cds?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I prefer play.com over cdwow. they've a bigger selection and the prices are around the same.

Advertisement