Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebooks off amazon.co.uk

• 06-02-2004 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

Didnt really know where to put this so i said i'd go here...

I bought an ebook off amazon.co.uk yesterday for a tenner and got an email straight away telling me

"The items in your digital order will be delivered shortly via e-mail to: ... @.."

Now ive never bought one off amazon before but i thought that i should get the link to download the book immediately. I still havnt got it.

I have now sent 3 emails to customer services and havnt received a single reply.

It seems weird. Has anyone ever bought one before, how long do they normally take??

Does anyone have a phone number for amazon.co.uk? I really need that ebook.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Genghis

Thats happened me a few times before. Once, trying to pull a fast one, I spotted an e-version of a book for $0.00, and amazon let me go through the whole shopping transaction, cart, verification, confirmation, etc. No book. I even e-mailed them to ask why. On that occassion I didn't get the book (they copped on). However, on other occasssions I have experienced days of up to 1 day. It is intensely frustrating - for me the downside buying an e-book (usually they are priced the same as printed versions, or have only a small discount) is only compensated for by not having to wait on delivery - so when it doesn't arrive instantly, you naturally feel let down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

i takes about a day to get the email.
    you will not be sent the ebook you get a link to where you can download it from, and you must have the reader installed before downloading it...

its a crap slow system..

go with www.ebooks.com there much better as you get the book right after you pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

Thanks for the quick replies lads. I tried ebooks.com but they havnt got the book im after. Does anyone know where i might get

BASCOM Programming of Microcontrollers with Ease: An Introduction by Program Examples by Claus Kuhnel

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help.
    thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

There are 24 people sharing that particular book on a certain filesharing network that isn't a donkey and isn't a horse.

Given that the file there is 32.87 megs I hope you've a large allowance on your email account when Amazon whisk this file to you. I'd have expected an ebook to be available to me immediately after buying it. Otherwise, what's the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

Here's the phone number I've used recently for Amazon UK customer service:

0044 20 8636 9451

(Took me a while to track this down; I eventually found it on an independent website dedicated to providing listings of Amazon UK phone numbers!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement