Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL V Alarm Self Install

• 06-02-2004 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Can somebody help somebody stupid to bypass his Home Alarm to get IOL Broadband working. I've got everything else working (miracles of miracles). No DSL signal & and failing all WAN categories. Simple English replies only please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

Wherever the line comes into the house you must install the dsl filter BEFORE it gets to the alarm. Connected the filtered side to the existing line going on into the house, and connect the dsl side from the filter to the spare pair going into the house. You then need to wire up a socket to the spare pair and plug your dsl into it. Whatever you do dont ever plug a phone into this new dsl socket, you may prevent your alarm from dialing out. If you arent sure what you are doing pay someone or else you could stop the alarm dialling out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

also if you have the new sockets provided by iol, with two sockets, one for phone one for data. Open this and you will see 4 resistors. Break the two resistors which say alarm below them. this definatley works as i install dsl for iolbb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

If you get one of the sockets gibo_ie talks about you wont have to do all the work i talk about. If you know an eircom or esat engineer you may be able to get one, or else try searching the net for one, you basically just replace the main socket and there is an output terminal for the alarm & normal phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

if you cant pick one up i can get you one no probs. meet in town or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Henry O'Henry

Thanks very much for the advice. Afraid I chickened out & rang IOL. They have a man coming out on Monday morning. Cant complain about that service, can I? Thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement