Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

buying from ebay?

Options
  • 06-02-2004 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

hey all! was browsing ebay.co.uk yesterday and came across a set of lexus style lights for cheap enough.. just wondering have any of ye bought from ebay and is it a reliable ?
    dont want to get burned by some scamming bas*ard !

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

Been using E-bay for a couple of years now.
    99% reliable, no real probs. It's where I buy nearly everything I need !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭padraigmyers

I actually bought a set of Lexus-style lights from ebay, and they are fine, I'e had them 6 months now.
    Who are you buying them from, it may be the same person, 'cos this guy sold a lot of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭DirtyHarry

Iv been using ebay for ages and buy abit from the states (nice exchange rate presently)
    always look at the persons rating, and look if he sells all the time or just buys.
    Keep in mind there are a few who are there to scam you out, so do your back - round work before going into it too quickly!!
    Also get a PayPal Account, very easy from there to pay stuff via credit card!!

Good Luck!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

The feedback generally gives enough info to weed out the dodgy sellers, a high rating is a good sign but look out for peope with a short history (a few months only) and lots of positive feedback, check the items and steer clear if they have sold lots of very low value stuff or pointless stuff, it could be someone falsely building up feedback.

If a seller has been selling quality goods for a long time with lots of varied positive feedback then you are pretty safe, they will likely not risk their rating to rip you off.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Second that. The really good sellers have thousands of sales behing them, with 99.9% positive feedback. Have a read through the feedback. Talk to the seller by email as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

My uncle bought some Saab parts a few years ago from a bloke in England and he was delighted with how it worked out. He got a good deal and no problems.

Advertisement