Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone closed an IOL BB contract before end 12 months?

• 06-02-2004 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

I am leaving soon :dunno: so I am going to have to end my iol bb before the contract 12 month.
    has anyone done this before? and what is IOL position on this?

Like most the direct debit didn't went through, so I paid with a Visa after they called me for amount overdue, never received any invoice by mail or email. Were supposed to send me the invoice never got it.

Can they use that visa to pay amount overdue without my consent?

Just for the story Someone from BT called me a couple of days ago asking If I would be interested in signing with them...
    Be with BT for phone and broadband since last june

:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

Tell them that there service has been so unreliable that you cant work with it and you will be breaking the contract to change providers and if they have a problem with that they can talk to your solicitors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭tammy

there position is that if you move you have to relocate the service if it is available in the location you move too. So if you know someone who lives in an area and can't get broadband youre moving in with them. so its tough t*tty for iol.
    This may seem a bit smart, but personally i don't like the way they rope you into a 12 month contract in the first place. I asked them about this and the guy more or less said if you sign up you're paying the 12 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by tammy
    personally i don't like the way they rope you into a 12 month contract in the first place.
    Would you rather pay the full cost of installing you (DSLAM port, connection fees to oreillycom, administration, insurance etc) as a lump sum before you got connected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Cancell your credit card, then leave saying nothing theyll get the message.....

Advertisement