Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with outlook

Options
  • 06-02-2004 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Running outlook which i installed from the office xp disk and for the like of me cannot see the option to make it bring up my dial-up box(for the internet)when I open it.So instead I have to open Explorer-connect to the net and then open outlook,what am I missing
    Thks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

control panel - internet options - connection

select "always use my default connection"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Thank you

Worked for a day or two but has gone back to its old ways.Still have the "use my default connection" ticked.When I open Explorer,no problem brings up the dial up box but when I do it with Outlook-Nothing?Any ideas
    Thks

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Check the account properties in outlook and make sure it's set to use your default or LAN connection.

Thks for the fast reply moridin,have done what you suggested and is working of sorts.I have two accounts setup on the machine running Xp-Pro-Sp1.
    The first acc when you open outlook will now bring up the dial up box but before the machine has made its internet connection outlook will try to see if there is any new msg's but because there is no connection yet it comes up with a fail.Any way to make it wait until the connection is made?

Acc no2 does still not bringing up the dial up box when you open outlook so I have to go through explorer,also changed the settings to dial default connection on this acc

Thks

• Advertisement
Advertisement