Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ti4200 problems

• 06-02-2004 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

I bought a Ti4200 off of Komplett last April for 160E. Was the deal with Hitman2 included.

I had intended to put it in my current system. I bought it primarily for games. Anyway, i installed it, and had loads of problems with it. It was freezeing, hanging on start-up, crashing every 10 mins upon using, if i even did manage to get it booted up.It wouldnt display the bios properly even, and was just EXTREMELY unstable. Unuseable basically.

Anyway, my sys is kind of old, and i thought it mightnt work in it anyway.
    I posted on the creative forum for assistance, (It was a Creative 64 Ti4200) and they suggested a few things:
    http://ie.europe.creative.com/support/forums/thread.asp?thre=39680

I reckoned it was an inadequate power supply and general compatability issues with my old mobo, ect....

However, i have since built a new sys. I have an Asus A7N8X deluxe mobo, and a 2500 Barton, and 512 twinmos Ram. I put the Ti4200 into this sys, and I was having problem here too. Its flickering with the display, just within the Bios and crashing. Getting vertex errors, and warnings, ect.. The display was going funny, couldnt use the menus and then it just switches off. All the temps in the bios were fine, cpu temp, and such like. So cpu/mobo are fine.

I got an old 8MB Agp card i had lying around, and put that into the sys. And, hmmmmmmmm, everything is fine. So, my Ti4200 itself seems to be faulty. The thing is, i bought it last April (from Komplett). I didnt put it into my system till nearly October, as i just didnt get time, and didnt get round to it. When it wouldnt work, i assumed my current hardware + psu was the prob. So i decided to build a seperate tower just for games. But now it seems the card itself has a fault. Its now Feburary, nearly 10 months after i bought it. (It genuinely had been lying up from April to nearly Oct.)

So, my question is, do i contact Komplett or Creative to report the fault. It has a 2 yr warranty and i have all receipts/manuals. I even have the box as i had it in it whilst i wasnt/couldnt use it till i got round to building a new sys for it. What do i say to komp/creative, will they actually believe i havent been using it all that time. Its spotless, no dust as i havent used it!! So do i just tell the truth that it has taken me this long to get a sys to use it and hense this is why i only discovered conclusively that it is faulty, or shud i say it just stopped working. (failed).

Ive a horrible feeling they wont believe it took me 10 months to report a fault with it.

Any advice on what way i should go about this. Shud i go to komplett or creative. Will komplett RMA after 10 months since purchase. Or shud i avail of creatives 2 yr warranty side of things. (Has Patman left the boards completely, btw?)
    Thanks, in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Going with creative's warranty sounds like the best option to me, since it won't matter whether you've used the card or not when taking advantage of it.

Advertisement