Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tv capture cards

• 06-02-2004 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭

After browsing around sites for about 1 hour, i have a basic idea what i need from a capture card. I heard good things about the Asus cards.

I'm just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on what card in particular would be good. I have heard that the sound-in on some cards can be dodgy. I would generally be using it to capture to a lossless codec first, then doing my Xvid/Mpeg2 encoding afterwards.

Any thoughts welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

I have a Hauppage WinTV PVR 350 - id highly, highly recommend it. Stereo sound and every recording option from MPEG VCD up to DVD Standard quality :)

Be warned, its a bit buggy and doesnt seem to like Windows 2000 service packs :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

where;d ya get it? and how much

edit: removed accedental double post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

elara.ie and about €200

Advertisement