Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1080 Avalance.

Options
  • 06-02-2004 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

I picked this up today and while it's good it doesn't really come anywhere near the N64 version. Firstly it's far too easy for anyone whose played the N64 version for any lenght of time and balance is no longer the delicate experience it once was, instead being replaced by a rather obtuse rotational system and the whole tricks system is a little bit silly.
    That's not to say it's a bad game though, I really liked the coin and gate challenges and they really help to extend the lenght of the game. The bonus boards are a bit overpowered but since you can't use them in time attack or trick challenge it's not too much of an issue.
    On another note what happened to the beautiful altering weather conditions from the first game? Theres nothing here to match the beauty of the sunset forest from the first game. Actually thinking about it it's time to dig out the first one for another spin, maybe I can finally manage to get a 1080... Has anyone else picked this game up and what do they think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

I don't think it was made more attractive to the mainstream buyer than SSX3 was. I know that's got nothing to do with the gameplay but.& I don't think there was a radical departure from the 1st one, which I loved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

I think I might pick up Amped 2 on the Xbox...that looks stylish as hell.

Advertisement