Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DNS error on xbox live

• 06-02-2004 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Im trying to set up xbox live with ICS.I have gotten past the cables connected and IP's confirmed stages in the trouble shooter thing on the xbox.

Does anyboy know how to resolve this DNS problem?I have IOL broadband.

Any Help?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭sidekick

Can you supply more details about your set-up/configuration?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Element3

Like what?Sorry Im not too hot on this stuff.

I have followed the ICS guide off xbox.com.Im on Windows98SE and have a Zyxel Prestige 630 USB modem(supplied by IOL).

To I need to manually type the DNS servers into the network settings on the xbox?

Yes you probably will have to do that as I doubt the Xbox will be able to detect them from your ICS connection, although I'm not that familar with ICS.

For IOL BB the DNS settings are primary 194.125.2.240 and secondary 194.125.2.241

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Element3

I have them in on the Xbox,but no joy.Do I need to type them into the network settings on my PC aswell?

I don't know. Have you looked at www.xbox.com/connect for details? I found this info which may be of use...

Windows 98 Second Edition

For Windows 98 SE, you must install ICS software from the installation disc before setting up Internet sharing.

Installing ICS
    From the Start menu, choose Settings>Control Panel.

Double-click Add/Remove Programs and click Windows Setup tab.

On the list of programs, select Internet Tools and click Details.

Select Internet Connection Sharing and click OK.

When prompted, insert the Installation disc.
    The Internet Connection Sharing Wizard appears.
    Enabling ICS
    Click Next and select the Network adapter you want for your Internet connection.

Click Next. When the "Insert Disk" dialog box appears, click Cancel.
    This Client configuration disk is not necessary for the Xbox network connection.

Click Cancel and then click Finish.

Restart your computer.
    Verifying ICS
    Choose Start>Settings.

Right-click Network Neighborhood.
    Internet Connection Sharing is listed several times.

Select TCP/IP (Home) and click Properties.
    The IP address 192.168.0.1 should be automatically entered.

• Advertisement
Advertisement