Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legacy of kain: Defiance

Options
  • 06-02-2004 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭

I just picked this up today. Ive only played it for about 45 minutes so far, but first impressions are good. THe combat is probably the best ive played in a 3rd person action/adventure since Devil may cry 1. Although the plot seems to have been dumbed down a little, but its early days yet. Also, the graphics (on the PS2 version) are very, very nice indeed.
    I wa also glad to see kains "Fey Victus" cry make a return :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I got this for my PC. Have to say it looks lovely like soul reaver 2 did when it came out. I find the combat a big improvement over previous legacy of kain games. I'm really glad Kain is back to his original look unlike Blood Omen 2 (which is pants) where he looked like he was a glam rocker.

Hopefully this game will bring the closure to Raziel's story that eveyone was hoping for in Soul Reaver 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Yeah, even on the PS2 its a very nice looking game. Altho i get the feeling that the plot has been 'dumbed down' a little, as so far theres only been one big grandiose speech by Kain *L* And praise the lord for the romoval of those bloody block puzzles!!!
    Hopefully we will get a good ending, and not another cliff hanger..tho i really dont want the story to end!!!
    *has been playing LOK since blood omen on ps1* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Saviour_Angel

*No Spoilers here*

The game has been much inproved since the last installment.
    The combat system is 1 of the best in any 3rd person game out at the moment.
    I've had it less then 24hrs and have cleared it already, the story is brillant but there is very little in the replay value unless you want to recap on some of the story.

Overall this is one of the best if not the best in all of the Legacy of Kin series...to date...

Advertisement