Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

k7vza mobo

• 07-02-2004 1:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

ok, got an oldish mobo, k7vza elitegroup made.

I want to check what size hard it will support, but cant find any info about it on their site, any suggestions?

its a 1.3amd cpu, trying to set up an 120gig maxtor hd, but when trying to fdisk it, i keep been told its only 50gig.

first thought is thats its the board?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

hmm, found a report stating it supports ATA66 drives.

guess that is refering to the hd support, in which case it means it wont support my new ATA133 :dunno:

am i right? any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

try

www.type.k7vza\in\google\you\lazy\git

or here

yeah its 66 allright, the drive will work fine just be a bit slower

:mad:

sorry didn't read your original post, no i can't find any mention of drive size problems with that board, try flashing it

her you go....
    My computer’s motherboard is EliteGroup’s K7VZA 1.0 with BIOS upgraded to v. 1.2e. Although the manufacturer of the motherboard told me the BIOS will not support drives with capacity more than 80Gb, it had no problem recognizing and accessing this drive.

taken from here

right, never upgraded bios before, have read the instructs and i am 100% sure i can do it, and it should do the trick, the last bios update is listed as follows

Model Name : K7VZA
    PCB Version : 3.0
    File Version: 3.6a
    File Name : k7vza36a.exe
    Release Note: 1. Update for AMD new CPUs sign on
    2. Update to patch 137GB H.D. limitation
    3. Change Bios ID back K7VZA

althought, reading it again, it sound like the had problems with drives over 138gig, and i only have a 120. sure it cant do any harm to try in the morning anyway.

but have a very noobish question, there are a few other updates before this, are these all incorporated into this one, or should i want all the previous improvments do i use each one? might be a stupid question, but as i said i ahve never upgraded the bios before

• Advertisement

i think most mb's have problems above 138Gb, thats why 120 is so popular (not to small and not to big)

flashing is a piece of piss, try to have your old bios saved to a blank disk and named AMIBIOS.ROM (caps) before you flash it, it will make recovery very easy if anything goes wrong

Advertisement