Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what a frickin season

Options
  • 07-02-2004 4:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

West Ham, the might Hammers of English and European football.

all going good. nice and tight premiership...7 point lead over Utd in second...9 point over Arsenal in third.

then the game in the pic happened.

after a 1-1 draw away from home...I wasn't overly concerned with the outcome..said I can worry about Champions League next year so I threw out a weakend team to my standards.

well...take a look at the attachment :dunno:

after that game...I kept the same team thinking YAY!

in my remaining league games after....I managed to win the next 2...draw...LOOSE 2 in a row...draw another...to leave my 4 fucking points behind Utd with ONE game to go...which ironicly was AGAINSt them :rolleyes:

ffs...I BEAT them 3-1 to finish a SINGLE point behind Utd on 84 points along with the Arse.

*sighs*

then it took a feckin penalty shootout to beat Chelsea in the FA cup and a ET goal to beat Utd again in *big* final :)

just sickened about the league tho...proves there's no room for complacency :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

oh my god.

Unlucky :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I was playing as pats I had a big european game coming up in 3 days time so i rested a few of my players against waterford at home as 1. I thought i could best them anyway 2. I had 2nd place rapped up. 3 I was seemingly too far behind bohs to catch up so i wouldnt matter.
    I lost the game then won 8 in a row including 2 aganst bohs to finish a point behind them.If only I hadnt rested them. I did draw away to lazio in the european game but went out on away goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

damn Derek...sux big ones :(

Advertisement