Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

throttled on eircom dsl?

• 07-02-2004 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

i first got eircom radsl last month when i download i normaly use fast servers and was getting 54 kbs constantly
    i went way over tha cap and since the start of this month iv only been getting 40 kbs
    all speed tests confirm that i only get about 33440 cps
    if it was a contetsion problem i think my pings would be affected but they are perfect

im going to try a friends login/pass and report back later

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I seriously doubt they've throttled you. If you were Eircom, what would you do? Throttle, or charge ppl for going over the cap?

It's possible something has happened your phone line
    OR
    It's more than likely that lots of people in your area got DSL for Christmas and it's just been activated and contention is kicking in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

ya i realise that
    iv just downloaded download accelerator plus and can get the full 54 kbs using 4 simultaneous connections
    but still only get 40 kbs with 1 connection
    it wasnt like that last month weird
    oh and about eircom charging for going over the cap i dont think eircoms monitoring methods are accurate enough for them to charge but thats just a guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

after restarting the gateway a few time it seems to be fixed, oh well never mind :D

Advertisement