Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reason

• 07-02-2004 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭

i spent 450 euros on reason the music program last week and i wanna back it up. i own the copy right, (for once i'm not just saying that, i actually do!) what program should i use? would clonecd work with the copy protected game setting?
    If a mod has a problem with this post please feel free to delete it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Well if you do own it then there's no problem with one (is that the max??) legit backup of it ... try to find out what copy protection it uses and if CloneCD can clone it correctly.

if all else fails, try cloning it on some different settings and installing it on another pc - when you find one that works, happy days :)

Daniel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I'm sure if you register on the site and the cd goes tits up Reason will send you a new cd...

I also have the software, got it free with Protools Le... Dont use it TBH.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

not sure what copy protection it uses...
    using clone cd in conjunction with the ccd profiler once you know what protection the cd uses, normally results in a half working/fully working copy.
    i'm not sure if a software package such as reason would use the common cd protection systems though (securom et al)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

search this forum here

http://clone.cd/phpBB/

for a program called clony, download this and run it, it will tell you what copy protection is on the disc, safe disc, securom etc.

then download the trial version of a program called alcohol 120%

http://www.alcohol-software.com/

using the security setting that clony gave you input it into alcohol and you should be able to back it up if you have a half decent cd-rw drive

Advertisement