Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

17" TFT opinions

• 07-02-2004 2:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭

I'm in the market for a 17" TFT in the next two months, and was wondering if anyone has any first-hand issues with theirs?

Specifically the contrast, brightness, clarity and responsein that order.

I've liked the Samsung 172V for a while, it's 350:1 contrast 250cd/m2 0.264 dp, 25ms rt. I reckon I might be able to get it for €450 with a contact.

Any advice?

It is what it's.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Aye i've had one since June of last year, couldn't be happier with it. Response time is really as good as you can get right now, no ghosting or trailing. (You may get ghosting if you use the analogue input).

Black isn't as black as i'd like but it's not a major gripe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭oneweb

I might even consider the Samsung (because they look neat) 172T with digital input, 500:1 contrast. I think I owe it to myself for no apparent reason :)

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

The best one to get is the Hercules ProphetView 920 Pro DVI 17" TFT Monitor Trust me on this its got all the best reviews.

Thanks joePC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭oneweb

Originally posted by joePC
    The best one to get is the Hercules ProphetView 920 Pro DVI 17" TFT Monitor Trust me on this its got all the best reviews.

Thanks joePC
    Ooh :) I like it, I like it a lot! Cheers joePC ;)

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

they may look good but their response times are worse than the Hitachi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

dont go with the hercules, i read a tft roundup in custompc magazine and illyama r hitachi are the way to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

Originally posted by weemcd
    dont go with the hercules, i read a tft roundup in custompc magazine and illyama r hitachi are the way to go

u were prob reading about the 720 not the 920 which says it delivers no ghosting up to 100fps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

I wouldn't get too hung up about response times, the better the time does not mean the better the monitor.....The hercules has gotten very strong reviews plus it looks outstanding......

Thanks joePC....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

probably not what your looking for but this is cool...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Originally posted by Zascar
    probably not what your looking for but this is cool...
    define: probably

Anyway, llok out for the Samsung 172x out this month, has 12ms response time.

Advertisement