Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip off Europe

• 07-02-2004 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

Just looking at Crucial Radeon 9800 pro 128MB...

On the Crucial website in the USA its €275.63
    On the Crucial website in the U.K its €327.39
    On Komplett.ie its €404.29

Thats really shitty charging €uropeans more just because ........... fuckers ...

Pisses me off every time I see that we are being taken for a ride for electronic components (ANYTHING with a transistor in it costs more in €urope)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

i agree,

Ireland is crap.....

Like you can buy DVD's in the USD for $10 USD. but in Ireland they are €30-€40 and you can get them shipped for free aswell.

But it's not just dvd's and hardware, everything in Ireland is more expencive then the US/Europe,

Thats why more and more people are shopping online. and not buyig from Irish Shops. they are chargeing to much,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Theres a sapphire 9800pro for €220 on www.jes-computer.de ................... atleast its a healp.

But i do hate being charged more because of where we live........... dreadfull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it is a rip but you gotta also consider the different VAT rates

usa - don't know what it is.
    uk - 17.5%
    ie - 21%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

plus the exchange rate is very good with us dollars at the moment

Nige

Advertisement