Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Needed (bb related)

• 07-02-2004 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi,

DSL access has just arrived recently to my area :) and got a call from Eircom asking if i'd be interested in signing up now that they have this 'fantastic' offer until feb 13th

However, I upgraded my two PSTN lines to 1 ISDN line about this time last year, therefore the eircom bloke says I need to 'downgrade' to PSTN again to avail of broadband.

So, the advice I need is this:

Do I go ahead with the downgrade (199eur) and avail of dsl?

Or get a 3rd number, and use dsl on this (29.99eur installation and 25eur odd renatal per month) + bb charges..

Dont really know what the best job would be..

I suppose its down to whether or not i NEED the ISDN.
    I only use the ISDN sometimes, every once in a while. its all hmmm-ing and haw--ing really.

Oh and what do people think is the best value for dsl? I think perhaps a cap is more critical than bandwidth to me at the moment (i can always leave things downloading overnight..)

Thanks,

Oh if this thread is unsuitable for this forum, apologies and move to relevant place,..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved to broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

it should be much cheeper to downgrade to PSTN from ISDN if your going for ADSL
    search the broadband and ireland offline boards. around €30
    do you need 2 phone lines ? or ISDN for other things ?

Advertisement