Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9800pro -> €249

• 07-02-2004 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭

[MAJOUR EDIT]....... they have a Sapphire 9800pro (lite) for €221............. my good god !!

Yup thats a powercolor 9800pro (retail) for €249

Jes Computers (german) , post is reasonable (little more than komplett but takes 4-6days)............. they have the 9800pro in stock (i wouldnt think for long) and they re-order stuff far quicker than komplett (couple of days).

Worth checking out, very cheap IMO...... i just bought the 9700pro for €230 from them.........doh!!

[edit] PS they have a 5900 for €175 ish also............

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Now that card is getting cheaper by the week. Its almost making me go out to buy it. But im just going to wait a little longer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭cheradenine

Any idea what the lite entails? Is it just an OEM version of the card, no exta cd's and packagaing compared to the retail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

The lite is basicly everythying except games AFAIK. It comes in retail package and has the drivers etc........ basicly retail without the frills :) . Fantastic value TBH, would be very supprised to see it going much lower than that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I've just ordered a sapphire one, Total: €238,99
    i'm happy with it :D
    Should have it next week i hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Wow, check out the price of P4s at that site:

3.2Ghz: €275 (€33 cheaper than Komplett)
    3.4GHz: €419 (€50 cheaper than OcUK)

http://www.jes-computer.de/catalog/default.php?cPath=126

• Advertisement

Yea i know, there pretty damm good. Ive ordered 2x Samsung SATA drives from them @€;115 each , komplett are €137 for 160gb SATA drives......(got the 9700pro for €230 last week :) , thats why im telling everyone about the 9800pro..... bit of a kick)

The only thing is it takes a week roughly for delivery......... my 2 orders took 8 days and 4 days , very happy with them and the prices are the best ive seen.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

Do they charge for delivery?

Yea they charge delivery, works out at around €17 ish...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

Yeah, they are much cheaper than Komplett, I wanted to build a Athlon 64 rig and I was able to build in €100 cheaper with a SB Audigy 2 ZS added (not including delivery).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

So has anyone ordered from jes computers?
    Im thinking of ordering that 9800 pro for 221, how are they for delivery?
    Also i was looking at the site there, do they not take credit cards? paypal seems to be the only option :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

not sure about the credit card but you can do a direct bank transfer to them, not sure what that is like fees wise though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

When you say direct bank transfer, would aib or any ordinary bank transfer to a foreign bank account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i reckon so probably cost ya about 10-15 euro though, i used bank transfer when paying for something to www.hitide.ie (that was free but took a few days to go through) i also used a bank transfer thingy to play for grand prix tickets last year

Advertisement