Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ad Pop ups.

Options
  • 07-02-2004 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭

Howdy all.
    I got home today to realise that my brother had been on the internet and there was this searchforit toolbar on my browser. And I get all these Ad pop ups on sites like Google. I cant find the program that he downloaded. Any ideas how to get rid of this pest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

install and run adaware and spybot

oh and install and always use mozilla

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Do a seach with anti-spyware tools like S&D and Adaware if that doesn't do the trick then Hi-jack this may do it. After all that wasted time change your browser to a far safer/better one Mozilla Firebird.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

agree with OfflerCrocGod, i'm a newbie to the firebird world but before i cam to my senses adaware and spybot would find at least 20 items when just browsing with normal internet explorer.

now that i've move to mozilla it doesn't find anything at all.

it also blocks pops

ohh and it has tabbed browsing.

i could go on about how great it is but it not what this thread was for

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Spywareblaster and get the googlebar too.

Advertisement