Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spirit fm 89.8?

Options
  • 07-02-2004 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Has anyone heard Spirit fm?
    its on test transmittion on 89.8

Whats going on?
    I thought it was phantom but it sound very happy clappy!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

It is a Christian Youth Service operating on a temporary radio licence from the BCI.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Frenzy

So it's the same kind of licence phantom had last year?

i listened to one of their shows it's quite funny.
    some guy rapping about jesus, "son of G to the O to the D!"

Anyway i doubt they'll get a full licence cause they seem to be aiming at the 15 to 34 age group. i dont personally think there's an auidence out there for that kind of broadcasting.

Fair enough it's something different but it can't be commercially viable in a country where the younger generation are moving away from any sort of faith of christian belief

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

A religious radio station called Solas AM has been alocated an AM licence by the BCI. They will be albe to offer a range of religious music and speech based programming to those who want to tune in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Originally posted by BrianD
    A religious radio station called Solas AM has been alocated an AM licence by the BCI. They will be albe to offer a range of religious music and speech based programming to those who want to tune in.

it's about time. now there's finally something to do between mass.

Advertisement