Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does this link do?

Options
  • 07-02-2004 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

It gives admins and moderators various options regarding your account. Not sure exactly what mods see, but I get your full profile and links to handy queries about your account such as searches for all of your posts, and I can change your profile or your usergroup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

one of those " you do not have permission..." pages

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Why would you want to change my profile?

Any chance, out of curiosity, of getting a screenshot of the page?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I'm not going to supply a screenshot, but we might use it to alter someone's group (in the case that their mod status changes, or their subscriber status changes or to ban them) or alter a signature that was breaking the rules, edit out a spammer's advertising links, and there's also odds and ends such as 'send this user their password' that we sometimes need to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Ah ok, makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Not accessible for mods :)

Advertisement