Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Crystal Pre-Order?

Options
  • 07-02-2004 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking about buying one of the Crystal Xbox's when they come out next month....has anyone seen anywhere taking pre-orders?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Whats different about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

different casing i would think

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Yep, just a clear plastic case, they're limited edition, out the 2nd week in March...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

MS must really be getting desperate about sales heh
    Wonder if they'll bring out limited edition Redhat XBox [Or maybe Mac/BSD?]... would bring up sales :D

Or.... Maybe a few good games.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

there shouldn't be any problem buying one in the shops - think it's march 14 they're out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

There's more than a good few games out if you can open your eyes ps2 fanboy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Game are taking Pre Orders but have no price.....

Originally posted by Absolam
    Game are taking Pre Orders but have no price.....

Sweet, thanks for the info! They should be about 10% more than the black xbox...they come with 2 controllers you see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Googled 'Crystal Xbox' last night and found a site that said it'd be released on the 14th of March at 199Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

xboxcrystal_screen001.jpg

Well if its not over priced like a certain Platinum PS2, then it seems pretty good

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,389 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wasn't there a see through green case xbox?

The crystal version looks nice but I'd prefer if you could see all the circuit boards and chips inside, like with the GB colour game cartridges.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

There is that metail foil surrounding the xbox inards itself, is that what the see thru casing is showing

yeah there was a green one same time last year(got one myself) - it looks much nicer when you open it up and take the top metal shielding - then you can see the dvd drive and the hd

Nige

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by bazH

Well if its not over priced like a certain Platinum PS2, then it seems pretty good

i don't think the platinium ps2 was overpriced as it came with a second joypad

would you guys be interested in a pic of my xbox :D

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wookie

Go on elmer give us a gander so

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

ugliest thing I've ever seen.

ok here you go:

modem_xbox1.jpg

modem_xbox2.jpg

Big Pic 1

Big Pic 2

Edit: Didn't realise i couldn't use html =D

Nige

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Wow. I wish my Xbox was clear-covered...

• Advertisement

Went into GAME at lunch, it's definitely for real, coming out March 14 £140

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Anyone find out the irish price of this and wheres it gonna be sold. 200 euros on some german sites, not bad considering it has 2 controllers and a 20GB hard drive

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

probably €210

I saw a second hand Xbox for €99 in GAME the other day...worth it?

where abouts is game in Dublin? im in westmeath and i wanna buy a secondhand xbox but i havent a clue where it is. And do they always have them in stock?

ps: was there any controllers or games with the one u saw been sold?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Henry St, bottom of Grafton St, and Dawson St :)

Thanx for replying.Are they totally different to gamestop? I emailed gamestop and they said all there shops have stock of secondhand xboxs, ps2s. I think they have a shop in Galway which would be much easier for me, so has anyone seen what price they sell them secondhand for? And thanx again for replying

I saw it in the GAME in the Blanchardstown Centre. There was only one there at the time, it didn't have it's proper box but an orange one they use for second hand consoles. I think only one controller.

You might be better off using Gamestop...I hate GAME :P

anyone have a phone number for game? gamestop in galway are selling them for about 140 which seems a lot

i rang game and dont have any at the moment :( and the guy said that no one wants to sell their xbox

that's because the guy in GAME is a tosser

• Advertisement

ye the guy who answered the phone wanted to give me the lifestory of the xbox

Advertisement