Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Game based on movie or TV show

Options
  • 08-02-2004 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Not putting in a poll just say what game u think is best and why.

Star Trek armada - I fould it to be very enjoyable and was VERY easy to MOD. It had a huge online modding comunity. Map editer was simple aswell.

Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 - Very good FPS i enjoyed it so much because i think in cutcenes in games there should be actors, like in JK DF2. Excelent Darkside ending brillent movie.

SW KOTR - The only RPG game i ever played for more then 15 min. I loved it an amazing game. brillent story great melee fighting. Most of the time in conversations the game had a option of saying what i wanted to say (or atleast something simmilar)

Hmm very odd i cant think of any games that i have besides Star Trek and Star wars that are based on movies/TV shows.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There was a huge flood of them in the 80s/early 90s, and most of them were terrible....

Some good ones from the good old days include The Great Escape, Hudson Hawk, Batman The Movie, Robocop...

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Chris P Duck

Has to be goldeneye for the n64

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Goldeneye was the best bond movie and the best bond game. - good choice

Interesting bit of info. TMB You mentioned the flood of games based on movies. You all have heard of or watch SG1? (StarGate)
    Years and years ago Saga made a not so good game called StarGate based on the movie, aparently though some madd loophole they still own the rights to StarGate and wanted to sell them at a high price to whoever wanted to buy them

There is 1 Stargate RPG in develpment now so i assume someone bought the rights from saga.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

The Smackdown games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

this may be the fanboy in me talking....but....i loved the buffy games:dunno:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

One of the disney games on the mega drive was my favourite, can't remember the name, it was the one where you controlled donald duck and mickey mouse......anyway it was great

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Jurassic Park on the SNES

One night at about 2am there was a movie called Driver, the story of the movie was the same as the story from the game. Does that mean driver is based after the movie or the movie after driver?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - a good old point and click adventure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

grand theft auto, because there was a very old grand theft auto movie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

The Getaway is another one of the better games based on films.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I'm gonna have to say The Thing for the PS2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

The old Turtles game on the NES was brilliant. There was a fantastic Flintstones game on the Speccy. Indiana Jones And The Lost Crusade had a brilliant point n' click. The Disney game on the MD mentioned earlier was also fantastic. Remember playing that soooo much. And Quack Attack <or whatever it was called> with just Donald Duck <the one with the plungers> for the MD was also great.

The Star Wars tie-ins have also been really great... especially Tie-Fighter. And I've gotta admit having been fond of Supremacy. Pity I only had a lend. :(

Oh and there was that classic Monty Python platformer.
    <shuts up now>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Mission impossible on C64 was good.
    ONe of the early simpsons games on C64 .
    Ocean made a rake of crap in them days same game different tv show.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Mission impossible on C64 was good.
    I'm pretty sure that was Impossible Mission, actually. Unless you're talking about Mission Impossibubble.. :) (Neither were based on the show, but its likely that the first was inspired by it).

OK, I'll shut up now.

- Dave.

Originally posted by weemcd
    grand theft auto, because there was a very old grand theft auto movie

I thought that GTA movie was some new cheep low buget movie that was made after GTA1 but before GTA2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It was made in 1977.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Originally posted by Makaveli
    It was made in 1977.

By Ron Howard of all people before or during Happy Days...

[in American announcers voice]
    And now we return to our on topic discussion
    [/in American announcers voice]

Originally posted by Makaveli
    It was made in 1977.

probbley why i saw it on DVD for i think 11.99 or mabe 8.99 i cant remember.
    Is it any good?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Originally posted by i_am_dogboy
    One of the disney games on the mega drive was my favourite, can't remember the name, it was the one where you controlled donald duck and mickey mouse......anyway it was great

that was "castle of illusion" i believe.
    and yeah it was pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

theres been loads of games made from tv/films, but can anyone nane me a good film made from a game, best i could come up with was tomb raider, which wasn't even that good anyway

Advertisement