Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LADDERS ARE GO!!!

Options
  • 26-07-2000 6:22pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We have set up the much vaunted, eagerly awaited ladder system. Its bound to havea few bugs but we've tested it alot.

Its at http://www.playerofgames.com/ladders

One thing to note, when you sign up you get a password mailed to you. Then you decide which ladders you want to compete in.

When you sign up for a ladder, you have to win at least ONE game to even get on the ladder. You can play ANYONE on the ladder (ranked or awaiting ranking) but you must win.

When you win your first game you will be ranked AT THE BOTTOM. This is not a bug.

Enjoy.

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

smile.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Clan leaders,

if you want to enter your clan into the ladders you will have to set up an account for the clan.

IE: When CG want to totally dominate the Clan Arena Clan ladder, I will have to create Clan Giblets as a registered entity and log results under that ID.

Similarly with 2v2, pick yer partner and register "DeV 'n' Slosh" or whatever and record your scores under that.

Have fun!
    DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

class

erm...added myself to starcraft duels by accident...

<A HREF="http://www.clanacid.com"http://www.clanacid.com"&quot; TARGET=_blank>www.CLANACID.com</A>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

If anyone wants a certain games added to ladders, email ladders@playerofgames.com attach a small image to go with it and we'll throw it up.

2040, yer removed from the StarCraft ladder. wink.gif

I'll try to improve them as we go, adding features etc.

Enjoy

Lucutus of Borg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

What's this now?

thx luc

<A HREF="http://www.clanacid.com"http://www.clanacid.com"&quot; TARGET=_blank>www.CLANACID.com</A>

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

in the 2v2 CA 1 i put down just my name could u add lorcans(Trout) to that 2 plz.
    Nex

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Devore,
    are those proprietary or freely available. i could use something like that for trinity
    quozl

Nex, You gotta register a new profile for two v two, eg. 'Nexus & Trout'. then add that profile to the 2v2 ladder.

If I have to edit your 'Nexus' profile for the 2v2 then it'll be like that for all games on ladders.(It's global).

Lucutus of Borg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

ta smile.gif
    Nex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Honky

Hi, I have a few questions...

*Is there some kind of "pointsystem" when one climbs the ladder, and if so, how does it work? (Since one can refuse to play ppl it would be pretty stupid if you had to beat top dog to become top dog wink.gif)

*Couldn't you add so that one can remove oneself from games? I accidently entered 2on2 by myself, and that wont work very well.

*What are the rules of the games? (Server, time, dmm etc.)

*Where do one send screenshots to confirm victory?

Ok ok, i'll stop now smile.gif

/Honky

Originally posted by Honky:
    Hi, I have a few questions...

Okay, I knew this day would come...so many questions...

to answer:

*Is there some kind of "pointsystem" when one climbs the ladder, and if so, how does it work? (Since one can refuse to play ppl it would be pretty stupid if you had to beat top dog to become top dog wink.gif)

Ladders are based on a halfway win system. (type thing!). When you beat a player who is at 1 in the ladder, and you are at 10, you get moved upto 5 in the ladder rankings. the rank 1 player does not move. then you beat him again, and you get moved to rank 3. (other players being dropped one rank to cater for you moving up), player number 1 does not move. You beat him again, and you are ranked 2 on the ladder. Now he is Rank 1, you are rank 2. If you beat him again, the ranks switch. You get rank 1 and he gets rank 2.

Basically, every time you play a higher ranked player and win, you get halfway between him and you in the rankings. If he was directly above you in the rankings (like 21 and 22), you switch.

If you are the higher ranked player, you are at no risk of losing your rank to the other player, UNLESS they are directly below you in the rankings.

In order to stop people getting to the top of the ladder and not playing anyone then, (which is bad and bold, so if anyone keeps doing this, they'll probably get deleted!), we will implement some history based logic (eg. if the player hasn't played a game in a week/fortnight/month, drop the player one/two/five rank(s), etc.)
    *Couldn't you add so that one can remove oneself from games? I accidently entered 2on2 by myself, and that wont work very well.

Yes, I realised that we'll have to let people remove themselves from games, As ladders isn't exactly 'profit' work for us. I don't have time to go delving in and adding a list of twenty or so other features that I reckon we need...so it'll have to wait until I get time...but yes, I will add that.

*What are the rules of the games? (Server, time, dmm etc.)

As for rules of the gamez, I don't know, some people have very set rules about certain games, others don't care. I suggest people talk about it before the game and lay out all the rules in IRC beforehand. Frankly, I don't care once it's all fair and above board biggrin.gif However, at a later date, we might implement a set of 'ladder' game rules for certain games...should the need arise.

*Where do one send screenshots to confirm victory?

Either winner or loser recording the result is enough confirmation of a victory for the ladders. The players should decide who will update the result so it's not updated twice accidentally on ladders. Most other ladders require the loser to record the result, but winners should check that the other player has recorded the result, (emails are sent to both players!).
    Users should probably just take the screenshots anyway, and store them locally, should the need arise for extra proof of a win.

Ok ok, i'll stop now smile.gif

/Honky

*phew*

biggrin.gif

Lucutus of Borg

[This message has been edited by Lucutus (edited 31-07-2000).]

Thank you very much for taking time answering my questions!
    Now i only have that slight problem of joining (2on2) left...
    i did type in 2 names but not 2 emails though, but i didnt recon that was necessary.
    I dont really know what the problem is, there really shouldnt be one, but i will try once more, if it fails i would be glad if we could do this manually :P

Thanks again for your time and for great fun to come
    /H=)NKY

HEY!
    NEVER MIND!
    It worked fine this time!
    3e gången gillt
    ...as we say in sweden! :P

/Honky

Okay, After checking the history and shtuff...you have 4 registered profiles, lemme know the ones you wanna keep.

Honky, Honky & Swingah, Honky&Swingah, Sqingah & Honky.

By the way, there's only one email addy per profile. You can't have two.

biggrin.gif

Lucutus of Borg

Advertisement