Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

February DSL statistics don't seem to add up...

• 08-02-2004 2:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

I'm using Eircom (self-install, free modem, etc. deal) and I've been up and running since January 10th or thereabouts. January's statistics were erratic at best; sometimes not appearing etc., but by the end of January (and indeed the start of February) they were beginning to behave and seemed correct. So I take a look at the DSL statistics page tonight and while the Total Downloads To Date This Month figure looks about right, the Estimated figure (last row of the table) seems to be wrong first of all, but secondly it is completely different to the first (and, in my opinion, correct) figure and I've tried all sorts of multiples and averages calculations on it but it seems to have no bearing to any other figure on that page, or, knowing Eircom, any other figure in the entire universe.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw the image up because I'm bored and confused by that feckin' page.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

makes sense to me i think you've downloaded 1.8gb now, you can download 4gb before you get charged and if you continue on the way your going eircom's thinks you download about 6374mb based roughly 1821 / 8 *28 (i've decided eircom are stupid and have forgot its a leap year :) ) hope this helps

data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Hmm, makes sense that. Oh well, we'll see how it goes. How often is the page updated? It seems to have stayed at 1821 for a good while now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

not sure how often it is updated perhaps everytime you restart your computer?

Advertisement