Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

?????????

• 08-02-2004 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Does any one know of anything that can be taken to help reduce or get rid of scar tissue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Doubt there's anything you can ingest... but who knows.

Try constant massage to break up the impacted skin. Every day massage the tissue and it may get better in time. Generally scar tissue will take ages to go completely, if at all.

How much scar tissue you got?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

You can get steroid cream unsure of name but it takes the redness out of it anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There are creams available to reduce scarring, i think one is called "cicatrene". I think most of them have "cica" in the name somewhere. I dunno if they have to be used during the healing process, or whether they can be used afterwards though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

How big is the scar?
    If it's not too thick/expansive, vitamin E oil will give an improvement. Buy it from the chemists, rub it on the area twice a day if not more.
    If it's pretty small, those special plasters for reducing scars _actually work_! You can get them in Boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Its not extensive scar tissue or any thing like that. its just acne scars and scars on my arms etc. I`ll give those plaster things a go I wonder how they work?.

• Advertisement
Advertisement