Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!

Options
  • 30-07-2000 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I have just bought quake 3 and i am having trouble running it. The problem is with the gl setup. It says "glsetup does not currently contain drivers for my display device". What should i do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Post your spec - i.e. cpu, ram, gfx card etc.

Put 'em in your mouth and suck 'em
    Clan Acid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gav11

Thanks for replying.Heres my spec. I know my ram isn't highe enough to run quake 3 and i will be getting it upgraded to 128mb soon.
    System Information:

Operating System: Windows 98 Version: 4.10.2222 A
    Processor Type: Pentium Class 501MHz
    Physical Memory: 56mb
    CD-ROM Drive: E-IDE CD-ROM 40X/AKU
    Monitor: (Standard monitor types) Plug and Play Monitor
    Display Info: 800 x 600 16777216 colors, 32-bit
    Pointing Device: PS/2 Compatible Mouse Port
    Network: Net Dial-Up Adapter
    Modem: HSP56 AUDIOMODEM RISER
    Video Card: SiS 620 8 MB VRAM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

install all the GL stuff off the CD. btw, you're from cork, ya? where in cork and stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gav11

Thanks for all the replys. I think i might as well go off and get myself a new graphics card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Hi Gav.

If it reports your Video card as being SiS 620, then you more than likely have a Jetway motherboard in the machine that has ONBOARD video, i.e. instead of having a graphics card, it is built into the machine. Take a look at http://cponly.com/J720af.html
    I doubt it will run GL graphics, I may be wrong, but there are a few machines here in the office with Jetway motherboards, and they are standard onboard video.
    Seeing as you went out and bought the game, you might want to buy a decent graphics card to run it. You can get Riva TNTs very cheap these days, and it wouldnt be only for Quake3, if you want to play any form of decent game, you will need one. I'm sure one or two of the lads here would have one for sale.

Myself and Bunny are currently writing up a Quake3 help section for new players which will be going up on http://www.quake.ie very soon, so if you do get Quake going, you might want to check it out.

Zero.

• Advertisement
Advertisement