Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eddie winning the title

• 08-02-2004 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

I think it's pretty much a certainty now, isn't it?

The #1 contender match at No Way Out gives it away. Lesnar is gonna face Goldberg at Wrestlemania. I don't think there's any way that's not happening. So that rules out anybody else facing Lesnar at Mania, including the winner of the #1 contender match. Presuming Angle wins, then he'll be facing Guerrero at Wrestlemania.

Both Guerrero and Benoit involved in the main events at Wrestlemania?? ****ing cool!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Some things always seem so FN certin. Let me take you back to Vengence 2001. The main event: Austin VS the Rock for the Undisputed title... or so everyone thought.

The main event was actually 3 matches: Angle V Austin, Jericho V the Rock, and the winners then meet.

Now, for weeks the last match was hyped to be Rock and Austin, the Wrestlemania 17 rematch. Austin crusied passed Angle, in fact Kurt practically looked like a jobber in that match, he just let Austin kill him. Rock kicked Jerichos ass till the last second. Jericho, with the use of a steal chair took the victory. Austin came out emediatly, but as much as Austin dominated the match, Jericho snuck the victory away.

Now, when I say it now to y'all, i bet it looked so obvious that the final match would not be Austin V the Rock. But I asure you that the next day, in collge, school, your work place, and even on these very boards, everyone was so shocked. No one, absalutly no one saw it comming.

There are a million situations that could happen, resulting in Eddie not walking away with the title. Who said Angle and Gurrerio will meet at WMXX? It is actually only a rumour, a very justifable rumour, but a rumour none the less.

Also, it is possible for the two to meet, if they do, to meet without a title on the line. Eddie could try to help Angle and screw him outta the match. Angle could then do the same to Eddie, disqlification... que the Brock Goldberg punch up.

Now the lack of a title promo between Brock and Goldberg at the rumble would imply that a perfect form of payback would be to aid a title loss on Brock behalf. If Angle wins the triple treat, it may be certin. But as much as I wanna see Angle win, Eddie win, and a WMXX match between the two would be the sh1t.

we'll all know by tommorow week. Fingers crossed y'all...

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Yes, but barring injury, Brock is facing Goldberg. They wouldn't be bothering hyping it if it's not gonna happen. It's not happening at No Way Out as Lesnar already has an opponent. So the only feasible conclusion is for it to happen at WMXX.

The fact that they have a #1 contender's match for the title at WMXX means somebody will be challenging for the title. But if Lesnar is facing Goldberg, that means somebody else will be holding the title.

Ok, technically Guerrero may lose at No Way Out. But somebody will win the title before WMXX.

WWE, you never know whats going to happen or what the meaning behind it all is.
    Nothing in WWE is ever, EVER for certin. Im not getting my hopes up anyway.

Like I said before, Vengence was so hyped to be Austin V Rock. Never happened...

Hanza...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

they could make eddie lose and then let lesnar lose his title on smackdown, like when he won it off angle

• Advertisement

Thats what I was saying all the time on another thread. AND EVERYONE DISAGREED WITH ME... When are y'all gonna realise Im always right :)

I dont know if the main stream will accept Eddie as a WM20 champ. Brock Lesner has been betten by 4 men, and only two of them have been properly justifable.
    How can everyone believe Eddie can beet lesner.

Heres what I believe will happen.
    Lesner looks invinsible going in to NWO, but afraid of Goldberg. The match is back and forth between the two. In an interuption, goldberg(ill go a little deeper here) i predict will go for a spear F-5 combo. NO! I didnt mean spear jackhammer combo. I have this feeling Goldberg will do an f-5 on lesner. Eddie wins. Que Angle/l Eddie build up for WM.
    Goldberg looses at WM. Lesner goes back to Smackers and get his title back.

In the long run, only Lesner comes out on top...

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

i hope angle comes in and tries o scrue eddie (not in the gay way) but eddie kicke out and beats brock

Hopefully all 4 will get in the mix, Brock Eddie, Goldylocks and Angle.

Only 6 days to NWO my Fu*kers :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

I'd say more that likely Goldberg will interfere at no way out causing brock to lose to eddie , leaving eddie to defend and prob lose to angle in wrestlemania xx and leaving goldberg and brock to fight at wrestlemanis xx aswell.

Yeah, has anyone wondered what is gonna happen come wrestlemania. Lets say Eddie does capture the title... how are thye gonna hype Eddie V Angle, one of those friendly vivalrys. A-wala Ultimate Warrior V Hogan WM7?

We all know Brock V Goldy is gonna be a total New Zealand Lawn Mower match...
    Same as Kane and Taker. Wrestle Mania OH YEAH baby, just over a month to go?

Is anyone else as excited as me. I mean I get excited about WM every year, but this year... dude Im going mental :D WMXX is really gonna be the big one isnt it?

Hanza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Cant they start the eddie angle feud from the time eddie and angle where tag partners and angle , angle slammed him thinking it was someone else.

doubt it...

They never seem to documentate a fewd past the two month mark. How may times have Angle and Benoit met? Every time they do though, its like its a new thing, that only started a month ago.

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

My guess is that they make Angle the guy that attcked Guerrero in the toilets a week or two back, Rey claimed it was chavo, but chavo didnt admit to it!!

Either that or its Rey Vs. Eddie at WMXX for the world heavyweight/Cruiserweight titles!! Ok, Ive gone a little bit insane... but in theory its sound!!

Wow dude...

Good point. Everyones forgotten about Eddie beeing attacked, havent they? Bet that was angle, that id be the perfect heal turn. Worked for the Austin HHH fewd in 2000 beautifully.

Heres hoping :)

Hanza

Wonder did Angle fit a car into the toilets to run him over or just give him the old fashioned steel pipe joke??

car in the bathroom...

Sounds like a defonite one to me :)

Hanza

While I do see Hanza's point that its not set in stone!!
    I also see that after the mini royal rumble, and the great little match up they had, even the WWE couldnt have missed the amazing chemistry they have in the ring and that they could totally steal the show come WMXX!!

Im not sure if Eddie is champ worthy yet, but hell we wont know till he gets the chance to run with it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

No Way out should be very interesting. Goldberg is definitely going to get involved as why would he be there otherwise? Also the winner of the triple threat match to be #1 contender will probably get involved, if not in the match then attack the winner at the end. So if this is Angle he may get involved before the end. Maybe he feels he has a better chance of beating Brock? Would explain why he possibly attacked Eddie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Maybe Goldberg won't attack Lesnar at all. He'll just sit in the front row enjoying the show, occasionally holding up a sign saying 'You suck, Brock'

Originally posted by LanceStorm
    Im not sure if Eddie is champ worthy yet,

god what more dose a man have to do, he steels the show on sd every week agenst tesser oponents like the bassiams amagion what hell do in the hevywaights and hes a real hard worker and he rases rateings, is it the fact hes not 6'6'' 300 pounds because that didnt stop sean mickals and eddie is a better entiner than michals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭xzodia

I agrre with you that eddie is a great crowd drawer and would make a great champ. But sating hes better than micheals. If your talking about now i would say they are close but if your talking about michaels before his back injusry that nearly finished his career i would have to disagree with you there

i was talking about now

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭xzodia

I agrre with you that eddie is a great crowd drawer and would make a great champ. But sating hes better than micheals. If your talking about now i would say they are close but if your talking about michaels before his back injusry that nearly finished his career i would have to disagree with you there

did i not just answer this

Originally posted by a-hole
    god what more dose a man have to do, he steels the show on sd every week agenst tesser oponents like the bassiams amagion what hell do in the hevywaights and hes a real hard worker and he rases rateings, is it the fact hes not 6'6'' 300 pounds because that didnt stop sean mickals and eddie is a better entiner than michals

Thats some bad spelling!!
    While i do think eddie is one of the companys best at the moment, he has not held a major title with any meaning for so long now, and the fact that he has never really challenged for the WWE title before, so its a bit out of the blue without any real build up, but time will tell!!

Last week I was saying the same about Eddie Gurrerio, but after his promo last week, I really think he is ready for the title. No Way Out is in one way the most trival PPv and the most important PPV of the year. Its whole purpose is to get everyone ready for WM,so most of the matches are meeningless but due to the fact that it does set up for WM, the NWO out come has to be flawless or it will result in a medioker WM.

This years NWO is the first ever Smackdown only NWo, but it isnt just about Smackdown this year. Raw is pushing WM so much, especially this weeks. For those of you who dont want it spoiled, all Ill say is wow:

Who would have thought Bichoff was a woman all along?

Stone Cold is HHHs father?

Dwane Gill Berg makes his long awated return and captures the gold from HHH in a hell in the cell?

And Randy Ortan is secretly in love with Rick Flair...

OOps... Ive said too much :D

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

They seem to be pushing the old "vets" that have never won the title. They have to win the "big" one like chris jericho to prove themselves. I think they may use the insane thing with eddie (god help us if they do) and that's what'll be acceptable for lesnar to lose. It is almost certain that they'll have lesnar/goldberg wmxx but the championship match is what is in doubt. Hopefully they'll do a triple threat or something that elevates and sets new standards.

Like a flaming barb-wire match or a real fight to the death :) (we can dream can't we?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭The Phenom

there is absolutely no way eddie will win the title no way he would never be believeable as the champ its brock v goldberg all the way no doubt and at wmxx 2 i mean that match will be huge

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Well mr phenom,if you were thinking he probably will win it. Consider this, goldberg distracts lesnar for an eddie rool-up and title win. Lesnar gets angry and feuds with goldielocks and its eddie and kurt for the title which they have been teasing for a while. kurt and eddie need the title stipulation to heighten the importance of their match, goldy and lesnar don't, thats already huge.

• Advertisement

Phenom, gimme one good reason why Eddiewould not be a strong champion. People love survivor stories. And sometimes in wrestling they prove to be the most entertaining and hard faught bouts.

Take for instance Undertaker V Jeff Hardy a year and 3 months ago. No one ever beleieved Jeff could ever win the title, but in that match the tide changed and everyone believed that he could.

Shawn Micheals was another example. Said to be cursed for ages with tag team stigmata. We won the title after his second WM main event attempt.

Eddie can be a strong champ, and for all intensive purposes he could be a real peoples champion. Think about it, a champion for the people. Someone who can represntate the underings, the outcasts and under achievers...

Brock and Goldylocks wont be for the title. Vinny Mac wants the brands seperate...

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭cannonballkid

Heyman will give lesnar what he wants and that will be goldberg even if its for the title

Originally posted by smiaras
    Besides no-one would believe Brock/Berg cause Bill is leaving after XX

Thats why I think Goldberg wont leave after mania!!
    Its justa theory, but I wouldnt put total faith in those rumours!!

i hope he dose leve after wmxx he just isnt as good as benoit or eddie yet he takes up more tv time than both

• Advertisement

Goldylocks is a dramatic, political, cry baby. He didnt diserve a worlds title. I hope he f**ks off back to Japan. I have never had anytime for him.

I wont say hes not talented, and he is a great entertainer, but he is stiff and dangerous to other talent. At least he can suck up the pain and not bitch like Gowen, but I hate his backstage attitude.

Jericho kicked his ass in self deffence, he bad mouthed JR all because he said "Ma' Gawd Kin, Batista lurks biggah' den' Gol'berg!" He is IMO a little bitch.

I for one will not miss him...

Hanza

Advertisement