Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linking XBOX's

Options
  • 08-02-2004 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭

I played a multiplayer halo last nite with 2 xbox's, however we had difficulty because the system link option wouldnt work when we used standard ethernet cable, this meant we had a pretty irritating delay while someone went to get the official link cable.

I was wondering if you need 4 link cables to set up 4 connected xbox's (for 16 player games), and also does anyone know of a good tutorial on connecting 4 xbox's?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

No tutorial needed. You need a hub. Get a ordinary cat5 cable for each X-box. Plug them all in and away you go.

We've used a 10base hub which was fine but if you're buying new you might as well get a 100base hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I have a 5 port 10mbps ethernet hub, will that do the trick? Also, how come I couldnt use standard ethernet cable to connect 2 xboxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

10m hub should be ok but go 100 if you've got the chance - the standard cable doesn't work because it's wired differently - standard cable is design to plug into a hub/switch etc - not another xbox or similar client device such as a pc

Nige

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

To connect 2 X-Boxs, you can just use a Cross Over cable. It swap the wires so the transmit wire goes to the receive wire on the other end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

well there ya go then, thats why i was havin a problem, i was using the old patch cable whoops

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ToastMcToast

Hi there

just a follow up. to the above question

i know you can connect two XBOX via a hub on a LAN, but is it passible over a WAN..

e.g. two networks, both having broadband connections, and connected together on a VPN.

Can you then hang a XBOX of each network?

Advertisement