Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postcounts

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Post counts help spot the free advertisment muppets who make fake posts about how great company x is and how we should all use them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

I think post count and post average should be gotten rid of as well. Date joined should be enough if your going on the theory that some people's opinions are worth more than others because they're on boards longer. The date joined would also help you spot people who are only one to advertise tbh.

As for substr, who's up for betting on how long it'll be before he/she is banned for constantly spamming the :rolleyes: and generally acting a bit of a prat. I'm only going on this thread by the way, haven't seen him post anywhere else, so don't give me crap about how my opinion is wrong, it may well be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by SantaHoe
    Post counts help spot the free advertisment muppets who make fake posts about how great company x is and how we should all use them.

Yeah true. And if ur buying off someone in the FS forum you might have more confidance if the seller has a greater post count.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by TheSonOfBattles

As for substr, who's up for betting on how long it'll be before he/she is banned for constantly spamming the :rolleyes: and generally acting a bit of a prat. I'm only going on this thread by the way, haven't seen him post anywhere else, so don't give me crap about how my opinion is wrong, it may well be.

i've decided that going on this thread is enough to go by considering about 20% of his/her/it's total posts are on this thread and that we have a representative sample, i reckon he/she/it should be banned now now i tell ya muhhhhhhhhaaaaaa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by Henry_14
    Yeah true. And if ur buying off someone in the FS forum you might have more confidance if the seller has a greater post count.

not necesscarily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Post counts and reg date help to tell me if someone should know better it they are posting crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭substr

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    i've decided that going on this thread is enough to go by considering about 20% of his/her/it's total posts are on this thread and that we have a representative sample, i reckon he/she/it should be banned now now i tell ya muhhhhhhhhaaaaaa.

You have really hurt my feelings and left me deeply emotionally scarred for the remainder of my life

:dunno: :dunno:

By the way Giblet please tell me you dont watch Shin Chan that is the biggest load of CRAP ever to grace our television sets of a saturday morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Stop double posting substr, you CAN edit your post if you need to add something that badly.

meh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Originally posted by rolleyes
    You are only saying that because you are a noob.

Why act like this? - Youre banned now
    Originally posted by TheSonOfBattles
    I think post count and post average should be gotten rid of as well. Date joined should be enough if your going on the theory that some people's opinions are worth more than others because they're on boards longer.

What if someone had registerd about 2 years ago but only posted about 10 times?
    Originally posted by substr
    By the way Giblet please tell me you dont watch Shin Chan that is the biggest load of CRAP ever to grace our television sets of a saturday morning

Saturday MORNING ? - What the hell is that?
    Originally posted by DapperGent
    I think maybe that you should have to click on their profile to see them, but I wouldn't get rid of them altogether.

I consider this to be the best plan of action it will work for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    Post counts are very important.

:p

yellum a LEGAL file sharing forum... ZZZZZZZZ
    You do realise about 99% of p2p file sharing on the internet is illegal?
    And I know that EVERYONE does it, even you ¬_¬

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Originally posted by substr
    yellum a LEGAL file sharing forum... ZZZZZZZZ
    You do realise about 99% of p2p file sharing on the internet is illegal?
    And I know that EVERYONE does it, even you ¬_¬

That's not relevant to the aims of the file sharing forum. And that's one pointless post too many on here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Could have sworn that Victor had a postcount of 1 earlier today ...

Yeah that registration time thing is a great indication :rolleyes:
    If you look up the numbers of posts there are loads of people who have NEVER posted - but date would indicate they are in the old boys club.

You could have customisation of stuff displayed - turn off count/avatars as you wish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I think they shiould stay. That combined with reg date can give you a reasonable guage of someone's time in the conmmunity, and how much they are contributing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Hasnt this been discussed to death a few times before?

The system as it is works as a rough gauge in general. Just because a single user causes a stir for 5 minutes is hardly reason to change it.

Anyway, without post counts how is anyone supposed to form evil cliques and bully people? jesus man, think.

I expected everyone to agree on leaving the post counts but making it so that you have to click on the profile to get them - It is what makes the most sence Everyone will be happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by User45701
    Everyone will be happy.
    OMG you are the Devil!!1 BAN HIM!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Excuse me?

The%20poster%20Of%20The%20Beast.jpg

I did this first!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Does it really matter?
    Really?

It hardly made people view my posts in a better light.
    I say Reg date is the most important, followed by total posts then post count.
    But then again.
    Who really cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

tbh rename posts per day "sadness rating" and make it a percent, with 10 being 100% :) its not helpful in the least....but it'd be fun for a while :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Originally posted by crash_000
    tbh rename posts per day "sadness rating" and make it a percent, with 10 being 100% :) its not helpful in the least....but it'd be fun for a while :D
    You could also have it wrap around at 100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

User ratings and post counts are standard to all forums i've visited, i see no reason to remove them.

U don't have to look :p

• Registered Users Posts: 78,405 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight
    Could have sworn that Victor had a postcount of 1 earlier today ...
    Yeah, happens sometimes. Gerry, what formula did you use?

On the matter of post counts why is it that some MODs have post counts of 0?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Coz they're super L33T

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement