Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard drive woes

• 08-02-2004 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭

Argh!! This is driving me insane..if anyone can help id really appreciate it.
    I bought a Maxtor personal storage 5000 external HD (80 gig) a while back. At first it ran fine, when connected via USB win XP auto detected it and away it went no hassle. After a few days, when id plug it in and then turn on my P.C, my P.C wouldnt ge tpast the "Detecting drives" part of the booting. So i unplugged the drive, booted away fine. However when i got to the desktop, turne don the drive, i went to my computer, lo and behold, the drive wasnt showing up. However, it WAS showing up in the taskbar, (you know how when you plug in a usb device you get the Safely remove hardware option, well that was there)
    I installed the software that came with the drive..it was ****ing useless..just made things harder, so i uninstalled that. It worked fine again for a few more days, now its acting up again. Is it totally screwed? or is it a solveable problem?? Any help appreciated!!

Advertisement