Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wireless network with eircom broadband?

• 08-02-2004 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

wasnt arsed dragin cables from the modem to all the comps in the gaff so i bought a wireless hub using 802.11g from belkin and a wireless card for a pc to go with it but the wirless card's drivers crash my brand new comp twice a day(running xp) + the router sucks... im goin to exchange them so i was wonderin if anyone got a wireless network workin with there eircom bb conection?
    and have any suggestion on good wirless routers and cards? just for a house like
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

I have a Linksys 54G router plus the linksys G notebook adapter plus a wireless bridge (for the xbox) all working on Eircom BB. The linksys router is not perfect but then what can you expect for under 100 Euros but its no worse than any of the other home bb kit. You can upgrade the firmware to a non linksys version (linksys made the sources available under a gpl) which gives you a lot more control and a lot more features - See www.dslreports.com

Advertisement