Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Draft Development Plan - Transport

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The plan is only a draft and to be honest, given the amount of time it's taken to get this far, I would have thought they would have had something better.

They have the Phoenix Park Tunnel in, but the only stations proposed are the no brainers at Cherry Orchard (second station), Pelletstown and North Fringe. They are suggesting nothing about filling in the gaps between Broombridge and Connolly or Cherry Orchard and Heuston.

An Airport / north city line is not included.

QBCs are not included. Cycle and pedestrian networks are purely aspirational.

They have made some particular changes with designating some suburban and inner areas (Grangegorman, Spencer Dock) as major focal points.

In essence, completely unambitious and uninspired.

The maps are on display in public libraries and most council offices and are palnned to be put on the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Andrew Duffy

Wouldn't a link to the airport from either of the two logical lines be well outside Dublin City Council's area?

Originally posted by Andrew Duffy
    Wouldn't a link to the airport from either of the two logical lines be well outside Dublin City Council's area?
    Yes, but it somehow needs to get from the airport to the city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Originally posted by Victor
    They have the Phoenix Park Tunnel in, but the only stations proposed are the no brainers at Cherry Orchard (second station), Pelletstown and North Fringe. They are suggesting nothing about filling in the gaps between Broombridge and Connolly or Cherry Orchard and Heuston.

An Airport / north city line is not included.

QBCs are not included. Cycle and pedestrian networks are purely aspirational.

Sorry to quote most of your post, but are we reading the same Draft Development Plan?

The only reference to the Phoenix Park Tunnel is a line on a map acknowledging its existence.

Section 7.4.0 supports the provision of a rail link to the airport

Policy T3 specifically aims to implement the QBC network as per DTO strategy.

I'm not suggesting this is anything more than vague support for a brighter transport future, but I can't understand your comments about whats in and out :confused:

• Advertisement

Sorry I haven't been able to get around to reading the text, yet, I've only seen the maps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

A picture may paint a thousand words, but they're not necessarily the right ones :p

Maps have been added http://www.dublincity.ie/planning/devplan_2004/index.html note most users will need to get the plug-in from the link on the page.

Advertisement