Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ronaldo sink or swim?

• 08-02-2004 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Ok Ronaldo puts in one decent cross against an Everton defence and saves Uniteds skin,but can he continue to be a good provider at the crucial moment or will his need to impress the theatre of dreams repeat itself?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

still getting stick despite good performances. the man is a class act and continues to prove that every game.

what has reyes done that makes him immune to criticism?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ether

give reyes a chance hes only had a handful of games, but i don't think he'll set Highbury alight like people are expecting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by ether
    Ok Ronaldo puts in one decent cross against an Everton defence and saves Uniteds skin,but can he continue to be a good provider at the crucial moment or will his need to impress the theatre of dreams repeat itself?

He is only eighteen/nineteen. He got praise from RVN for puuting in the cross because the chances are that a few weeks ago he would have done a dozen stepovers and the defender would have taken the ball off him. Yesterday he did one stepover and put the ball on Ruuds head. Thats progress and a plus for the coaching staff at Utd . Hopefully he will continue to progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Yeah apparently Ferguson had a word with him lately about controlling his play and keep defenders guessing. He made him watch a lot of videos of other players of similar style so hopefully he'll learn from them. I know it was only one thing but it was a hell of a cross :) Absolutely pinpoint, something he has been a bit inconsistent with. He'll be a player to watch for the future.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Originally posted by ether
    give reyes a chance hes only had a handful of games, but i don't think he'll set Highbury alight like people are expecting.
    If two is a handful to you, are you a lobster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

IMO I cant see Ronaldo making hes full potential at United..

the English League is not the league that allows that type of footballer get away with all those leg overs.. its an attack then defend league.. not like the other leagues around the world..

Remember when Maradona went to Barcelona - the Spanish hacked the **** out of him.. because of his breathe taking skills. Ronaldo will get the same in England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Originally posted by Johnny_the_fox
    IMO I cant see Ronaldo making hes full potential at United..

the English League is not the league that allows that type of footballer get away with all those leg overs.. its an attack then defend league.. not like the other leagues around the world..

Remember when Maradona went to Barcelona - the Spanish hacked the **** out of him.. because of his breathe taking skills. Ronaldo will get the same in England.

Yeah but the idea is that he will control them and only do them sparingly and do the simple stuff a lot more. Jay Jay Okocha for example only does tricks the odd time in a match and he gets away with them and I don't think anyone would argue that he has been one of the best players in the league this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I can't believe there's a comparison being made with the great man and ronaldo. :D

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by James R
    I know it was only one thing but it was a hell of a cross :) Absolutely pinpoint, something he has been a bit inconsistent with. He'll be a player to watch for the future.
    I don't think he's been that inconsistant with his crosses. I think the only problems he has been having was crossing from dead ball situations. I don't think I've seen him put in a bad cross from play tbh.

Advertisement