Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband very slow for days (not mentioning who)

• 09-02-2004 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Broadband very slow for days (not mentioning what company as i dont want it to turn into the usual crap but all you people reading this will know who im on about)

in the galway city area running off the mervue exchange anyone find almost unusable?
    i.e. 5K speeds!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭bindybandy

I'm in galway too but I am not sure which exchange I'm on but it is a few miles away from where you are. Browsing is slow and dload speeds are the same as you say. I've spoken to my isp and they left a message on my machine to say there is some sort of a fault with the phone provider with 091 numbers or something and it will take a few days to sort out. Not sure if it is a fob off but I've always had a perfect connection for over 6 months so I'm gonna give them a chance and hopefully it will sort itself out. My pings are still perfect and gaming is fine.
    Are yours ok too? If so could be a pattern tot he fault at least?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Smidders

bindybandy,

I think that's just the usual fob-off. I am on the Navan exchange in Meath and for the past week, my connection has been pure and utter crap. I sent an email to the support address and they haven't even had the decency to reply. Even looking at the ISP's website is pure crap......

Smidders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

It is most definately a fob-off.

This is an unacceptable level of service, and most certainly is not maintenance related.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Whatever happened to freedom of information? Why not name the guilty party?

Publish and be damned and all that? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

if you have been a regular visitor to this forum...its is well obvious who we are talking about...

Everytime we mention the name though its turns the post into a mad mud slinging fiasco....a few days is totally unacceptable for the €66 odd i pay pm (clue there)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Well if its that obvious why not state it?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

Netsource

Mod i would close this thread as they are practically same thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139638

Advertisement