Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No more Super Unleaded at Tesco

Options
  • 09-02-2004 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

Yup thats right - they have stopped selling it. It was my 3rd time to Tesco to see Super unleaded being not available. I enquired inside, I wasn't given a reason, just to say its not being sold anymore.......doh !

Also notice the Statoil on the Finglas road , is selling their unleaded at the same price as Tesco

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

The Esso, Statoil and Shell are all selling it as the same price as the Tesco.. but you
    will find that the Shell usually runs out of unleaded half way through the week.

I would put money on it that when the others realise that Tesco arent selling it
    anymore then their prices will rocket..

Typical :rolleyes:

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

I often wonder about the claims that the Pura Petrol is so much better for your car and the environment? If it's so great than why don't the government reduce the duty on it to bring it a couple of cent cheaper than normal unleaded and give more of an incentive to use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

I would put money on it that when the others realise that Tesco arent selling it it anymore then their prices will rocket..
    They already have.
    I often wonder about the claims that the Pura Petrol is so much better for your car
    It is. The g/f had an 89 Fiesta that failed the NCT on emmisions. She went to a garage and the mech said to try Pura until after the re-test. The car passed.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

What price are they at now?

Advertisement