Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long shot on returning a sofa

Options
  • 09-02-2004 9:58am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Got a nice sofa last week, wasn't cheap but very nice.

Anyhow, a week later and I just can't get comfortable in the thing, back sore etc

Now, I'm pretty aware of concumer rights etc but just wanted to tap the greater knowledge base on legal entitlements....
    Is there any legal comeback for me to get my money back in relation to my situation?

There is nothing wrong per se with the sofa, I've fully paid for etc.
    Before you promt, I have a gut feeling that the shop will refuse money back and I dont want credit as there is nothing else in the shop that interests me.

Appreciate your early replies as I want to make any strike whilst iron is hot.

Tks

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't think you have much cause to claim that the goods weren't of merchantable quality. You could talk to the shop and ask for a slightly lesser sum than you paid for it for "wear and tear".

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

well I gave them a buzz and have got argreement to take back for credit

if there is definetly nothing I like in the store will try the wear and tear route - good idea

to get off the topic slightly, not enough people who start threads close off thread with comments on how they got on, I will.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement