Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carlow Board

• 09-02-2004 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭

Some of the other boards (games, rock/metal) have some really good on-going threads like : The song game and What game ya playing now. Why don't we have some fun threads too. This place is starting to feel as exciting as a morturary. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Talk to the mod's, they ll be able to answer any questions on what is allowed and what is not allowed!
    Think the IT Carlow board is strictly for threads containing subjects on IT Carlow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

games relates to what game are you playing now
    rock metal relates to what dong you listening to now
    thus,, these threads belong to the se forums.

make a thread called 'what college work are you doing now'
    there may not be many replies and mods may want it moved to college work though but have fun

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Originally posted by loismustdie

there may not be many replies and mods may want it moved to college work though but have fun

rofl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Originally posted by loismustdie
    games relates to what game are you playing now
    rock metal relates to what dong you listening to now
    thus,, these threads belong to the se forums.

I know that. I just meant we should have some fun threads related to the college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Ok then, start some fun threads in relation to the college(without saying the words "campbells catering" or "she's unreal")

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Some suggestions-

How I am using college resources for non college related activitys?

I came to college in Carlow rarely go in and heres what I do instead

How drinking/drugs affect my college life

The cute guys/hot chicks that I would never have discovered unless I came to CarlowIT

etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

and they say cosmo & [insert random other mag filled with pureile sh|t] rots your brain...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

No you say that no one else,
    Its healthy to have more then one interest

Great:D All our fun threads are LOCKED:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

TomTom's a big bored board meanie. He locked my threads a few minutes after I made them; the one about the people I met in Carlow.

TomTom says "the thread does not really have much to do with carlow or the college".

Lets see, ummm... I met them in Carlow. In the college. Lets see who met who type of thing.

• Advertisement

He alwayz locks mine as well.

I really don't blame him if ur goin to go on moanin like that bout them,

As for the one bout people I have met in Carlow it is arguable whether it should have been locked or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Tom & Ciaran need an auto-fire style button on their mouse which locks threads...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Still they dont have to lock every second thread.

and lecturers don't have to give exams on ragweek and you may not like that either but they have your best interest at heart as do tomtom and ivan so get over it and say thanks for stopping you all posting crap! this is why democracies don't work, the working class country people have too much power to winge

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

says the person from arklow

ya know, i just realised i've been hanging around with nerds/moderators too long and my judgement has been impired. what was i thinking? what can go on in carlow it that is interesting enough to write about? not a thing s we should just spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam

:// me leaves to share some thought and info on discworld and keystone now!

dum de dum :p

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: (directed to mordeth)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

The think is we promised to keep carlow a zero tolerence board for a few month until the spam element was well and truly dead. We will lighten up with time and in the not too distant future allow the threads refering to price difference of alcohol in carlow pubs to the finer points of that blonde chicks arse in business studies (or male or sheep, what ever floats your boat). Just give it time.
    The carlow boards was about to be closed altogether at one stage.
    And if you have a serious gripe you can go and beat the **** out of ciaran as I am out of reach at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 PinkMarshmallow

/me kicks ciaran's ass

Advertisement